★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Blockbusters and Blockbusters Lite are now available in the App Store

05-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Blockbusters and Blockbusters Lite are now available in the App Store

Blockbusters and Blockbusters Lite are now available in the App Store:

Blockbusters ($1.99) :
http://itunes.com/apps/blockbusters

Blockbusters Lite (free) :
http://itunes.com/apps/blockbusterslite

Trailer & Demo Available:
http://www.brethrenentertainment.com/products_bb.html

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
Blockbusters is a unique and addictive puzzle game utilizing full 3d graphics and physics simulation. Blockbusters will keep you busy for hours trying to beat your high score.

Destroy all the colored blocks in the level with the tap of a finger, but don’t let the red gem fall onto the platform or off into space. Black blocks are indestructible. There are different solutions to the same puzzle, so don’t hesitate to be creative!

Enjoy great 3d graphics, fun gameplay, and see how high on the leaderboard you can get.

FEATURES:
- 3d graphics with camera swipe controls
- 20 different levels with increasing difficulty
- Realistic 3d physics simulation
- Global High Score leaderboard
- Custom background music

LANGUAGES:
English

REQUIREMENTS:
Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch
Requires iPhone 2.2.1 Software Update

Last edited by besuser; 06-04-2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Adding company link
05-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Reminds me of Boom Blox for the Wii. That game was awesome

05-28-2009, 07:12 PM
when i saw the title i thought it was some link up app with blockbuster video store
05-28-2009, 07:25 PM
There are 3 EXTREMELY easy levels in the lite version. Since there is only 20 levels in the full version, I am worried most of them would be similar in simplicity. While the graphics look good and I see no real flaws in the gameplay. I think I'll stick with the teeter blox game which is free right now. While it doesn't have the abillity to spin around like this game does, the pirce is right, for the same number of levels. With an update to around 50 or 75 levels it might be worth it. Only 20, it is hard to spend 1.99 for the game, that I could probably finish in one sitting. I do appreciate lite versions, but it seems sloppy for the dev to include 3 simple levels, without giving us an idea of the challenge of the game if there is any.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-28-2009, 07:27 PM
So this game is basically a completely 3d version of teeter blox then?

Add me on Plus/OpenFeint/Gamecenter/Crystal: redsoxsrule424
Moderator at Com2uS' forums: http://global.com2us.com/forums
Moderator in IMO: [-MD-]soxrock424 in Siras, on Wadangka!
05-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Sucks that it only has 20 levels, game looks interesting, but I think I'll pass.
05-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsrule424 View Post
So this game is basically a completely 3d version of teeter blox then?
i won't say completely, but it is very close. teeter offers more varied shapes, where as this is all blocks (short, long, fat). neither is a bad thing, just personal pref, i like the different shapes personally. if you really like this genre, then this game might be a good choice. blockbuster has a refractory period between when you can get rid of blocks. so unlike some games you can not quickly get rid of two blocks, which does add to the difficulty.

they are close enough to be in the same genre, yet each game does have some differences, enough to justify getting both if this is your type of game, as long as the levels do get more challenging.

Boiler Up!
05-28-2009, 07:41 PM
oh and f me running, teeter went back to .99 cents last night. just didn't want to confuse anyone

Boiler Up!
05-28-2009, 08:51 PM
I tried the lite, and thought it was OK. I prefer Teeter Blox. I think I may hold off though because 20 levels is just not enough for a game like this.

There seems to be a wave of these minimal level games coming out. I guess it's an economic thing? I don't know. I finished Teeter Blox in about 15 minutes. It just doesn't even feel worth the download for such short games.

Unless we're talking difficulty levels like Theseus or Blocked, these types of "quick" puzzles need to have a ton of levels. There are sokobans out there with 500 levels... and sokoban games can get pretty tough. Granted, I know that these types of 3-D physics games are more complicated to develop, but it doesn't change the consumer gameplay aspect.
05-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Hello all,

Thank you for the feedback, we do have many more levels planned for either an update or a second version of the game in the near future, and yes, the difficulty does get much more difficult by the end of the game.

We will take all feedback into consideration, so keep it coming!!