★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Immersive iOS games?

06-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Immersive iOS games?

Well I'm basically looking for immersive RPGs for my iPhone. I'm currently playing Assassins Creed on my PS3 and loving how into it I can get. Now I understand that an iPhone won't live up to a console game, but after playing things like Mass Effect Infriltrator and Order & Chaos, I'm looking for really good immersive RPGS that I can get into.

I'm already looking into Aralon, for those of you who have it is it worth buying?

Also what other games would you reccomend? Avoid Square Enix titles, as I love them, but can't afford to spend that much on an iPhone app.
06-28-2012, 01:43 PM
DEAD TRIGGER. Amazing.

06-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Definitely get Aralon, loadsa content and it will definitely immerse you.

I'd also say GTA 3 is another good title with tons of content.
06-29-2012, 12:40 AM
If you want to go down the cartoon-RPG, you could download "Pocket Legends" from the app store, android market or on google chrome. It is a really good MMO, and can be played on a variety of tablets and smartphones. Give me a PM if you want to know more about the game.
06-29-2012, 03:35 AM
Sorry read the title wrong and put an IMPREssive game and not even an RPG.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
06-29-2012, 04:29 AM
Crimson Gem Saga immersed me before, finished it in less than 2 days. Played it straight lol

Game Center ID: SlighMD; Battle.net: SlighMD#6986; Vainglory: SlighMD
Currently playing: Hearthstone, XCOM: Enemy Within, Vainglory, Dodonpachi: Ichimen Banchou
Waiting for: MHFU for iOS to be fixed and Titan Quest
06-29-2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
DEAD TRIGGER. Amazing.
You would seriously call that immersive? I get it, it's new, but really...

And yes, Aralon's a great start. Though not true RPGs, Waking Mars and Sword & Sworcery are also very "immersive" iOS experiences. Lastly, either of the LostWinds games.
06-29-2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
You would seriously call that immersive? I get it, it's new, but really...

And yes, Aralon's a great start. Though not true RPGs, Waking Mars and Sword & Sworcery are also very "immersive" iOS experiences. Lastly, either of the LostWinds games.
No I read the title wrong. Thought it said impressive.
06-29-2012, 01:21 PM
theres no impressive games on ios with the exception of a few games.
my best games:
RPG:
Galaxy on fire 2 - really awesome game. I play it already 250 + hours and still not bored with me!
RTS:
Warfare INC best RTS on iphone. cool campaign and cool multiplayer.
Racing:
Driver (from psx ported by gameloft)
It's all the games I play. I use snes4iphone and there still play the good old final fantasy, flashback, another world top gear test drive etc.
AWWWW i forgot about that game: ZDAY this game is best text game ever
06-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Not an RPG, but Gene Effect is one of the most immersive games I've played on the iOS. The atmosphere, music and lighting just suck you into it.