★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Hey devs

11-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Hey devs

Do any of you game makers out there need any beta testers?? I've beta tested before and have always provided feedback. send me a message or email (brewstermax2012@gmail.com) if you have any games that need tested.
11-23-2008, 11:20 AM
How does this work

How does one beta test games for the iphone? Does is have to be jailbroken or is it done through the SDK? Is there some untapped part of itunes that I dont knoe about that lets you inject certain ipa's?

As for beta testing itself --- I miss Mythos

Beta testing can be fun if you like the game or it can suck if you dont. It also help if you have the same vision as the develeper otherwise you just want the whole thing changed and you feedback is kind of useless. You need more time than you think as well....just my humble reflections as a tester.

11-23-2008, 11:30 AM
You install a Profile along with the application itself (you just drag and drop both files in your itunes, sync and beta test the game!).
11-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
You install a Profile along with the application itself (you just drag and drop both files in your itunes, sync and beta test the game!).
It's a little more complex, but yea that's basically it. You send your UDID to the dev and they sign it to your device. You unzip the file they send you and drag the two files into iTunes.

I love to help devs with their apps. Devs who send out betas usually listen to complains rather than have bugs and 1000s of negative reviews.

Plus I have nothing better to do.
11-23-2008, 11:36 AM
sounds fun, sign me up! I really think it would be silly if a dev didn't ask for beta testers before sending it out into the real world... and we're working for free! i'd much rather see a polished game released from the get-go, then arrive at that point after multiple updates...

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
11-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Come on devs. I know you're out there and need outside testing. On a variety of devices. Can test on iPhone or iPod Touch 1 or 2G. Ask Kirill, I'm a great beta tester.
11-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
let them come to you.. not you begging them...

this site is about discussion.. not a beta testing site...
11-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
Do any of you game makers out there need any beta testers?? I've beta tested before and have always provided feedback. send me a message or email (brewstermax2012@gmail.com) if you have any games that need tested.
we'll need to test a new game in a couple of weeks
11-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootant View Post
we'll need to test a new game in a couple of weeks
I have beta tested for 5 different games so far and I am always glad to help!

Game Center ID: Vaelsh
I'm playing: Small World 2, The Pinball Arcade, Terraria
I'm waiting for: Shadowrun Returns, Micromon, Oceanhorn!
11-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaelsh View Post
I have beta tested for 5 different games so far and I am always glad to help!
i'll drop you a message when this app will be ready for testing
or you can email me support@bootant.com