Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iOS Apps

Old 07-01-2012, 11:20 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

This already got the 1st spot in free apps for iOs. Good for Chrome users, for the rest not so much I guess, I like Atomic Web Browser but I feel Safari got speedier than Atom after OS 5 or 5.1 or whatnot. Or at least equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentz19 View Post
Wow! Nice apps!

The features are cool just by seeing it in the picture.

Can it also be downloaded in android phone?

Thanks!
Chrome is available for Android devices running 4.0 aka Ice Cream.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:36 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Some Cydia tweaks ad gestures, full screen by tapping three fingers, making Chrome the default browser and having all links open in Chrome rather than Safari. Also another one adds a tweak to change the keyboard to the default Safari keyboard.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:22 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 4.x

It's certainly another move by Google to try and invade the iOS space, but surely Apple will eventually trample them. The only reason I see Apple keeping Chrome is to prove Safari's superiority by comparison
Old 07-05-2012, 10:42 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedblades View Post
It's certainly another move by Google to try and invade the iOS space, but surely Apple will eventually trample them. The only reason I see Apple keeping Chrome is to prove Safari's superiority by comparison
This is a silly statement. The only reason that Safari is currently superior to Chrome is because Apple does not allow, on iOS, browsers to blow Safari away. It limits what is allowed. This is why people on iOS still think that Safari is awesome.

Apple requires all browsers that render content on the device to render them via webkit so that Apple can control what is downloadable and what is not. It isn't just a wrapper of Safari, as Safari has enhancements to the Javascript engine where the JIT compiles JS as native code thus giving Safari better performance. This "tweak" has major security implication though. Since Safari itself is a native iOS App, and one that Apple has full control over, this is why Safari has access to such tech and this is why Safari, and ONLY Safari can get these enhancements.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:08 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varking View Post
Some Cydia tweaks ad gestures, full screen by tapping three fingers, making Chrome the default browser and having all links open in Chrome rather than Safari. Also another one adds a tweak to change the keyboard to the default Safari keyboard.
I too, have these
Old 08-10-2012, 03:43 AM
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

That's one Chrome Looks great on IOS application Thanks for views.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:05 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Default Google Search > Chrome

The title says it all, I enjoy the reader look and feel, and thats really the only time I use my native browser, tried chrome, nothing there for me, uninstalled it, think ill stick to using instapaper and safari (reader) for reading articles/blogs like I've been doing and google search app for finding quick answers to my questions Me: "define satisfied" Google: *satisfied* *contented; pleased.* nice...