Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-11-2012, 08:12 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

DAY1 #3

Bugs:

#1 New Tower not Recommend in Driller

#2 Game is recognized as vertical orientation SOMETIMES.

#3 Sometimes no sound effects at all.

More Script Errors in Loading Screens:

Regen Units can recover their HP themselves when they are not under attack,

It consumes Lich's HP when using most of your skills.

The soulstealers cost the same price when you summon/unsummon them. You should sell them only in crisis.

Anti-Physic units can only be attacked by magical towers.

Magical units are weak towards physiol towers.

Some Suggestions:

#1 Move the position of Jelly amount to a little bit left to show better.

#2 Combine the pause and play button together to make it much clearer on the play screen.

#3 A stick to show the upcoming enemy type and info.

#4 View the Quests in the X menu on the pause screen.

#5 Add description to tell players how to finish or unlock the left 3 quests after completing the first 3.

#6 Add swipe gesture in Help viewing.

#7 Change the level name (italic words) to a brighter color to see them clearly on the map.

#8 Add time count before enemy starts to attack.

#9 Highlight the enemy attacking direction with much more obvious signs.

#10 Add slow motion at the last hit moment with a close shot.

#11 In the main menu, the storm should change direction with the tilting of device. It would look awesome!

Last edited by saiyukialex; 07-11-2012 at 08:58 AM..
Old 07-11-2012, 09:47 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Day 1 Post 1

Had no problems installing this build and getting it to run and it has been going pretty smoothly. I've enjoyed how this plays and how the interface is an improvement since Elf Defense .

Suggestions:

1: The game could use a tutorial round on the first map to help those that are new to the game or genre understand what is going on and how to play. I noticed there was one for the shop but didn't see one for the missions.

2: The missions are a nice touch to the maps but it would be nice to see them while you are playing on a map. They can be easy to forget and if there was a menu to click on so you could see it and show if you had already completed them.

3: On the map there are words but they are very hard to read perhaps it would be better to have it in a different font and size.

4: I think it would be good for the shop to have single map consumables that would add bonuses for that round. These would be an excellent way to give people the option to purchase more iap but not force them. Some examples for these bonuses would be 2x money for that round, slow enemies by 25%, increase damage by 25% ect. These bonuses would help people be able to clear harder maps that they may be stuck on but they wouldn't over power the player so it wouldn't be a challenge.

5: A Daily slot machine would be a nice way to add some bonus money or jelly points that I feel people would really enjoy because everyone likes free stuff and perhaps would encourage iap usage.

6: Daily or weekly challenge maps that would be high difficulty and high reward. Much like the missions on each map but force the player to only be limited to certain towers or skills to use. Have these only available for a one time try or only one per day try having stuff like this that are updated often even weekly gives people who have finished the game something more to do.

Dislikes:

1: I like the records tab but I don't like that it is in the shop menu. I feel that there should be a profile menu that would you could access anywhere that would show the missions for the current map and then have the records in there so you can see your progress throughout the game.

2: This may be a bug but it looks like from the map summary that there are icons for 6 quests on each map but it only lists 3 of them and you can't scroll to see more and the ones you have completed do light up but there are still some that aren't but no indication to how to complete them.

3: The music could be longer or have more tracks it tends to be very short and only change when you fight a boss. I enjoy playing the game with music because it helps the game be more engaging and can get you excited for the fights but when it's a repeated track it tends to be annoying. Perhaps have the option to play music from playlists right in the app or add some more tracks
Attached Images
File Type: png photo(1).PNG (552.1 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Daver16; 07-11-2012 at 10:01 AM..
Old 07-11-2012, 09:52 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Sorry to be late today.

Day 1 #1

Pro:
1. The game is native Universal.
2. The characters are well designed.
3. Like the icon.
4. X4 speed feature.
5. Frog weather effects.

Con:
1. Though the game is native Universal, it's stil not full screen.
2. Some script errors like missing an "s" in purual forms.
3. There're no obvious different lookings among towers with level 1-3 and level 5-Max.

Bugs:
1. The black screen after JellyOasis is a bit longer on iPad 2.
2. The BMG seems to be short and repeats again and again without a good transition.
3. The game resumes from background without a pause.
4. Player cannot touch anything after the game resumes from background.
5. The first time start Upgrade menu, the popups are stacked together.

Suggestions:
1. Continue to next stage directly when get a victory.
2. The map looks still pixel. So make it sharp.
3. Have a much more detailed Tutorial.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:01 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daver16 View Post
2: This may be a bug but it looks like from the map summary that there are icons for 6 quests on each map but it only lists 3 of them and you can't scroll to see more and the ones you have completed do light up but there are still some that aren't but no indication to how to complete them.
I think more quests can only be available when you finished all campaigns in a map.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:10 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroice View Post
I think more quests can only be available when you finished all campaigns in a map.
I was wondering about the same thing too. I finished the first 10 campaigns for the Meadow map, no new quests pop up. Got 24/60 "coins" or stars.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:11 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Day 1 Comment 2
No Story mode? Cutscenes would be nice or else it's just another generic tower defense.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroice View Post
Sorry to be late today.
Bugs:
4. Player cannot touch anything after the game resumes from background.
No such problem on iPhone 4.

Maybe it's for iPad users.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:19 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by justln View Post
Day 1 Comment 2
No Story mode? Cutscenes would be nice or else it's just another generic tower defense.
I think there's an Infinite Mode from the Record in Upgrade menu.

IMG_0156.png
Old 07-11-2012, 11:12 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Yeah it seems like the game is set up for a story mode but is missing cutscenes and text to explain it. Would be really nice to see it added because otherwise it's a little confusing why you're a lich and humans are attacking you!

Suggestions-

1- I feel that you should be able to move the map around or be able to zoom in and out. When placing towers in the upper right corner I tend to hit lots of buttons when trying to upgrade a tower which can get kind of annoying.

2- Maps should start out on the pause button. It has caught me off guard a few times that it's not on pause and been attacked while I wasn't paying attention. I could see people just starting out could be overwhelmed by this because in most TD you have to select the tower you want to build and then bring it to the spot where as this you select the spot and then choose your tower.

3- Screen auto rotate should be added. While I like the screen the way it is I know there are people out there that prefer to have the headphone jack on the right side instead of the other way around. This is a little thing but to some people it is a huge pet peeve that would put them off the game rather then enjoy it.

4- When switching to a different screen or to text messages the game should auto pause itself so that way when you switch back there isn't a ton of crazyness going on.

Overall the game has been running smoothly I haven't experienced any crashing or bugs really I will keep plugging away and be back later with my final post for the day.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:28 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Day 1 #2

Suggestions:
1. The game dimms automatically when long time no building towers. I think you can add an option to dimm the screen or not.

2. Is it possible to add a bonus section to view the scratches of these characters. I really like the designs of charcaters. Or some wallpapers.

3. Add some SNS share buttons after a stage to share the score/game link to Twitter FaceBook, etc.

4. Level editor would be great if it can be considered.

5. In Elf Dedense, there are different difficulties. However it cannot be seen in Lich Defense.

6. Add some warnings before the game starts. Because there are skulls in the game, it's not good for young children.