★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The new iOS puzzle game with the abstract particles look features brand new music tracks produced by Chris Huelsbeck. Try the Lite Version now!

GeoDrop HD offers a new challenge beyond the usual match-3 game mechanics! Here is the new challenge: Create clusters of blocks with the same color. 2 stars inside the cluster removes the cluster. Special blocks like bombs or joker helps you to accomplish this mission. To make the game harder: After some blocks new rows of blocks appear from the bottom of the playfield...

3 game modes:
CLASSIC: More and more colors, bombs and joker blocks - the full program!
HARDCORE: The purist mode for the Constructors' experts: Constant 4 colors - No special stones. But level rise is faster.
ACTION: Same as hardcore, but with 3 minutes time limit: For the little break in between.

HIGHLIGHTS:
- Game Center Achievements: Get all 1000 points!
- Game Center Leaderboard for each game mode.
- Exclusive music tracks produced by Chris Huelsbeck
- Universal app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
- Full HD / Retina graphics support

The Lite version features the Action Gamemode and one music track by Chris Huelsbeck.

Chronocore's comments:
Hi there,
right now there is the Lite version of GeoDrop HD available. It's a nice puzzle game in the spirit of Drop7. The music is produced by Chris Huelsbeck. Give it a try:

Appstore Link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/geodrop-lite/id528118356?mt=8

If you want to try any of my other Apps for free, check out my Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chron...56360154397872

Hope you have fun with GeoDrop. :-)
06-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Game Impressions

Great fun!

Got the free version and after a game or two NEEDED to get the full version!

My only whine at this point, devs, please don't rely entirely on GC for highscores. Why not at least track each modes' top score locally as well since us iPod Touchers are often playing outside of wi-fi and, let's face it, even if within wi-fi range GC can be pretty flakey at times. I should be able to see my top local score in each mode right there in the mode's title screen/description.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-30-2012, 11:28 AM
I tried the lite and I liked the game too.

However, it does not feel that retina on the new iPad is fully supported. Most of the graphics seem a bit blurry.

Anyway, I may purchased to play it on my iPhone.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
07-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi!

Thank you for the feedback. Before the development of GeoDrop I thought that many more users already use Game Center. But it turned out afterwards that there are less than 50% who use Gamecenter. (As opposed to about 80% of users who very quickly install the latest firmware.) As a compromise, the highest score is saved locally and at the beginning of a game shown at the bottom as a reminder. (There is also a message if you beat your personal highscore)

For all people who like to watch the video of the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEmRUnJ1les