★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Do I need to purchase the iPhone Developer Program in order to submit an app?

06-30-2012, 06:58 AM
Do I need to purchase the iPhone Developer Program in order to submit an app?

I currently have a completed iPhone app that a company has developed for me that I wish to submit to the iPhone App Store.

Do I need to purchase the SDK development program in order to submit my application?

If so, I know that the SDK only runs on Macs, is there any way to submit an App as a Windows user?

Seo Services India

Last edited by abbottie; 07-01-2012 at 02:29 AM.
06-30-2012, 07:37 AM
You need to register for the iOS developer program at $99 a year. App submission must be done on a Mac.
07-02-2012, 04:31 AM
iTunes Connect

After signing up with the iTunes Developer Program you'll get access to iTunes Connect. It's a web-based tool which you use to add the description, screenshots etc of your app, so you'll be able to do that from a Windows computer.

When you mark your app as "Ready to Upload Binary", the final step of uploading the app needs to be done from a Mac computer, however your developers will probably be happy to do this step for you if needed, so talk to them about what they'll need for this step.
07-19-2012, 03:06 AM
Its not necessary to purchase the SDK development program, but u have to buy iphone developer membership before submitting your app on Apple store....