★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What type of 2d game should we make?

07-08-2012, 02:01 AM
I suggest an RTS or Dota style game. If not one of those then a fighter that works with icade.
07-08-2012, 09:07 PM
How about a good 2D rock-skipping game? You know when you were a kid and you'd side-armed a rock on the lake and see how many times you could get it to skip before it sank? There's been a couple, but none done good IMO. There was one where you held your device and made a throwing motion, but who wants to do that?! Make a 'flick' game out of it. Add different scenes, maybe try to hit some targets way out there like ducks or people in boats, etc. Sounds good to me. What do you think?

08-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Any other suggestions?
08-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Hunger games
08-07-2012, 07:12 PM
i would recommend trying a pokemon style game. it should be story oriented and go like an adventure. offline with possible online capabilities and try to capture the pokemon style of graphics because i just don't like the other types and i know im not alone.
08-08-2012, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobunaga View Post
Yea, geekydad. Muramasa and odins sphere were awesome games from vannilaware. Something in that vein would be great.
Really a 2d RPG / platformer without all the grinding ( thinking of demon hunter, illusia, samurai girl. ). Swordigo was obviously the best of these on the AppStore. I think a lot of people would appreciate more. Wonder boy in monster world was the bomb. Just throwing that out there.

I really like Muramasa (I actually prefer it to Odin Shpere by a long shot). So... +1 there.

Also, I was thinking a few days ago how I really miss the older, more linear Castlevania games. You know... 1, 3, 4, Rondo of Blood, Bloodlines, etc..

Thanks for asking people what they want!
08-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Final Fantasy VI style JRPG with heavy emphasis on the storyline and characters, with tap/drag to move instead of Chaos Rings' analogue stick thing.

Also, with tap-enemy-to-attack instead of tapping on the attack menu item. Maybe Kingdom Rush-style context menu after tapping on a target instead of selecting an action and then a target. Like so:

This frees up screen real estate due to the lack of a menu.

Takeout Arcade developer

Last edited by HitStop; 08-08-2012 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Formatting.
09-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
How about a good 2D rock-skipping game? You know when you were a kid and you'd side-armed a rock on the lake and see how many times you could get it to skip before it sank? There's been a couple, but none done good IMO. There was one where you held your device and made a throwing motion, but who wants to do that?! Make a 'flick' game out of it. Add different scenes, maybe try to hit some targets way out there like ducks or people in boats, etc. Sounds good to me. What do you think?
Nice idea, but this is very difficult with the physics, I'm gonna try to make this!
09-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Some kind of vertical RPG platformer would be awesome Anyway, good luck with making a game!
09-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater View Post
Some kind of vertical RPG platformer would be awesome Anyway, good luck with making a game!
Vertical?