★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Bio Crisis, what can I say, one hell of a cover based shooter that excites and challenges all players
-Touch Arcade

Bio Crisis is highly recommended for fans of the genre, especially if youre sick of the mindless shooters found throughout the AppStore.
-Theappshack

Fans of old school games will absolutely love it.
-Touchgen

A game that gives a sense of nostalgia while also feeling fresh.
-appolicious

Bio Crisis is a highly polished pixel shooter, worthy of your device, its tough going but extremely fun
-Appzilla

There is no school like the old school! And Bio Crisis is old school at its finest.

The game which had won multi Indie Game Design Awards now is refined, polished, upgraded and bringing more fire power than its original version to the Appstore!

Game is well build even for todays mobile standard, dodging bullets, hide behind an object, stealth knife kill in close combat, roll through the bullet rains unharmed are just a few of what this game can bring to the table.

With a storyline set in the future, it will sure keep the players feel like being a part in this exciting action packed adventure. With loads of different weapons, upgrades and powerup items to choose, ammunition is one thing thats not short of in this game.

36 Total Missions
Medal System
Supports both iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
3 More Challenging Stages
Tons of Weapons and Gears
Upgradeable Weapons

email: info[at]sphinxjoy[dot]com

Visit us: http://www.sphinxjoy.com
Like us: http://facebook.com/sphinxgames
Follow us: http://twitter.com/sphinxgames
Watch us: http://youtube.com/sphinxgames

strivemind's comments:

06-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Liked the looks of this and picked it up. Immediately noticed two things that have me worried. The text is really poorly displayed. Lines cut off mid word making it hard to read, and that's just a sign of a cheap game to me. Second there is a coin shop that I was already directed to twice and I've only played a few minutes. Seems this might be a 3 dollar paidmium game, but we'll see. I'll post more when I've played more. Otherwise the gameplay seems to be pretty good so far, about what I was expecting.

06-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Liked the looks of this and picked it up. Immediately noticed two things that have me worried. The text is really poorly displayed. Lines cut off mid word making it hard to read, and that's just a sign of a cheap game to me. Second there is a coin shop that I was already directed to twice and I've only played a few minutes. Seems this might be a 3 dollar paidmium game, but we'll see. I'll post more when I've played more. Otherwise the gameplay seems to be pretty good so far, about what I was expecting.
Thanks for the heads-up.
06-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Looks very interesting but with that post now I have my reservations... Will wait for further input.
06-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Thanks Royce.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
07-01-2012, 09:01 AM
I hope Icade support is added. It looks good.
07-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Looks pretty awesome how are the controls for it? I hope that the iap is mostly ignorable
07-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
That would be enough to piss me off, personally. It's one thing to have IAP in a $3 game, but I surely wouldn't want to be harassed to buy it after just a few minutes of play.
07-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi Guys, thank you for posting this for us.

First of all, thank you all for trying out our game Bio Crisis, we hope you guys enjoyed it.

Second, about the "misleading" to shop option. I have to explain, there are 2 emergency buttons on the top and lower part of the screen when, 1, your hp is dangerous low 2, you are out of ammo and you are still tapping the fire button. If you do not have enough coins and yet you keep tapping them crazy, it will give you an option to go to the shop menu where you can buy ammos, upgrade your weapon and of course, iap.

Now, you might say this is very harsh, since it is a paid game and shouldn't be any iap in it. Well, if you play the game long enough (or not), the character's HP regains itself, so, it is more like a patient battle on each level, unless you like to rush to a group of enemies and start slashing, that's your style, of course, it will get you killed easily. I think the game has a pretty good balance on keeping your characters alive, the HP regain system is meant to give the player a moment of rest and restore your HP and fight again, the instant heal and instant reload is for extreme players who do not believe in waiting. There's always a price to pay if you keep standing up and firing at groups and groups of enemies..right?

A close counter knife strike will prevent an enemy from firing at you, so even if you low on ammo and do not wish to buy them, it is still possible to roll and slash and roll slash again, you just have to time yourself.

But nonetheless, we really appreciate everybody's supports, please do give us your thoughts and we will try to do our best to adjust the game, in the end, if you guys aren't happy, we will knock ourselves in the head for disappointing you guys.
07-01-2012, 02:48 PM