★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: In case of iPhone or iPod touch, must be the device that has retina display (iPhone 4G, iPod touch 4 or later device)

[Story]
In the future, the mankind is faced with every threat they can imagine; Revolt of the Mechanics, Alien invasion, Rampancy of the Ghosts, Reincarnation of the Demons.
Hopelessly outgunned and unable to hold off, the mankind is in need of the Lethal Weapon; The immortal sword-master, BLADE!!
BLADE, who was tired of eternal life and never-ending time, once left human civilization and locked himself up in rocky mountains.
Now, excited to face new enemies, BLADE dashes out to save the world!

[Features]
New type of running action!
- Using the slider, accelerate to attack forward and slow down to attack backward.
- Hack n Slash through enemies from front and back!
- Reach incredible speed by facing forward to accelerate!

Stylish action!
- A well-timed attack will inflict more damage.
- Accurate attacks and fast running speed will grant you with higher Gear, which increases your attack level.

4 enemy races, 22 kinds of monsters
- 4 kinds of distinctive enemies; Mechanics, Aliens, Ghosts, Demons.
- 22 kinds of monsters and 5 types of attacks.

Various level backgrounds
- 24 stages of different themes.
- Enjoy the moving background like a road movie!

Character Power-ups
- BLADE will get stronger by achieving higher level and eating more foods.
- 5 types of stats : POWER, DEFENSE, SPEED, JUMP, SPECIAL.

Exhilarating story!
- Hilariously funny plots!
- Comic-style cut-scenes!

Follow us!
@twitter.com/pnj_global
Join PNJmobile Fan Page
@facebook.com/Pnjglobal

Sanuku's comments:

07-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Bought!

Another PNJ runner for my collection! Knight Attack (formerly known as Spear Rusher) is my preferred Robot Unicorn. Now this looks awesome.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

07-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Bought!

Another PNJ runner for my collection! Knight Attack (formerly known as Spear Rusher) is my preferred Robot Unicorn. Now this looks awesome.
Saw this this morning and thought of you. =)
I love the backgrounds.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
07-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Bought!

It's actually a ton of fun. I was a little worried when the intro animation came on because it was a little blurry and slow, but the game itself runs very well. Though it may look in the surface like a standard runner, the control over speed, the ability to attack backwards or forward, the timing-based combo system, the unlockable special abilities, and the level based structure (including boss fights) elevates the game from the endless runner. The game looks good on an iPhone retina display, and the animation is fluid if perhaps a bit limited (though enemies each have different special attack sequences, which is nice). You can use gaps and barriers tactically, and mob control is a big part of the gameplay (do I push back with a "nice" strike or do I risk letting the robot get closer to get a "perfect," while other enemies are approaching from the opposite direction?) The controls are easy to use and responsive, and the sounds are well done, especially when you get one of the aforementioned "perfect" strikes. You purchase abilities using in-game gold, but as you would expect these days, you can also spend real cash to speed up the process. 5 levels in and so far it seems strictly optional.

There is a story to the game, and as you might expect it's slight but amusing. Your character is an immortal swordsman who the authorities keep chained to a mountain (Prometheus style) until a robot uprising forces them to set you free. There is more to come to the story, but I'm not expecting anything brilliant .

My only complain so far is that I wish the levels were more complex, and the level of challenge (so far) has been low -- my worst rank is a "B.". Mind you, I haven't reached the first boss level, so my sense of the difficulty might change. At 24 levels the game might be a little short, and it's not clear to me yet if there is an endless mode.

At .99, though, this is an easy buy for folks who dig endless runners and fast-paced action games.
07-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
It's actually a ton of fun. I was a little worried when the intro animation came on because it was a little blurry and slow, but the game itself runs very well. Though it may look in the surface like a standard runner, the control over speed, the ability to attack backwards or forward, the timing-based combo system, the unlockable special abilities, and the level based structure (including boss fights) elevates the game from the endless runner. The game looks good on an iPhone retina display, and the animation is fluid if perhaps a bit limited (though enemies each have different special attack sequences, which is nice). You can use gaps and barriers tactically, and mob control is a big part of the gameplay (do I push back with a "nice" strike or do I risk letting the robot get closer to get a "perfect," while other enemies are approaching from the opposite direction?) The controls are easy to use and responsive, and the sounds are well done, especially when you get one of the aforementioned "perfect" strikes. You purchase abilities using in-game gold, but as you would expect these days, you can also spend real cash to speed up the process. 5 levels in and so far it seems strictly optional.

There is a story to the game, and as you might expect it's slight but amusing. Your character is an immortal swordsman who the authorities keep chained to a mountain (Prometheus style) until a robot uprising forces them to set you free. There is more to come to the story, but I'm not expecting anything brilliant .

My only complain so far is that I wish the levels were more complex, and the level of challenge (so far) has been low -- my worst rank is a "B.". Mind you, I haven't reached the first boss level, so my sense of the difficulty might change. At 24 levels the game might be a little short, and it's not clear to me yet if there is an endless mode.

At .99, though, this is an easy buy for folks who dig endless runners and fast-paced action games.
Everything said here is correct.

The levels are a bit too plain. Differnet level platforms for the levels would make a great platformer/runner for this type of game. I hope it gets better the farther I get into the game.

Everything else is great. An easy recommendation. For me is easily PNJ's best game.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 07-01-2012 at 11:31 AM.
07-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:

For me is easily PNJ's best game.
Because almost all of their games seriously SUCK! Dubious dev who always has been known to inject phony 5 star reviews in their own games, too. Gotta give them credit, though, for finally hiring a decent English translator for the description and in-game text. That's a step up! They're improving, I'll give 'em that.
07-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Because almost all of their games seriously SUCK! Dubious dev who always has been known to inject phony 5 star reviews in their own games, too. Gotta give them credit, though, for finally hiring a decent English translator for the description and in-game text. That's a step up! They're improving, I'll give 'em that.
While I agree with the general assessment of PNJ games, this has all the hallmarks of a game that PNJ is publishing, not developing (I have no proof of this, mind you). The writing is just as good in the game itself.
07-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Alright, we're giving away S.O.D. promo codes for you guys. Feel free to take them here!
07-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
I had 2 games in mind... This and Spear Rusher, which are both good runner games, but 1 better than the other.