★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A gate to hell has opened. Devilish creatures are rising from the abyss, looking to clear off all life from our world. Will you be able to defend against the neverending rush of demons and slay their leader, the Demonlord?

Battlebow: Shoot the Demons is the perfect blend of the RPG and 2D shooter genre. Play the full game as the crossbowman and unlock 3 more character classes for FREE.

"It is brilliant fun" (Rating: 83%) - TheSmartPhoneAppReview.com

"Battlebow is a cool and frenzied mix of RPG and shooter in which you have to defend your life to its last drop of blood from the onslaught of blood thirsty demons." (Rating: 4/5) - iPhoneGamerUK.co.uk

"For those who like shmups, check this one out. It's a shmup variant that's done right!" - TouchArcade Forums

"...a fantastic game for iPhone/iPad. Kinda feels like Diablo, but still unique." - TheFatRat

* Easy 1-Finger Controls *
Tap to aim and shoot, swipe to slash and block!

* 4 Classes *
Play as the Crossbowman, Archeress, Sorceress or Artilleryman. Level up your character to defend against an onslaught of demons. Blast them to pieces with a vast array of weaponry and magic spells, including explosive arrows, cannonballs and lightnings.

* Cooperative Mode *
Fight with your friend on a single device. Play simultaneously and have a great time assisting one another while fighting against the demon invasion. The easy one-finger controls will make sure you won't get into each others way.

* Quests *
Accomplish quests to prove that you are worthy, and get XP and gold as a reward.

* Items *
Loot and equip over 200 items: Crossbows, bows, artillery-cannons, swords, axes, magic staffs, plate armors, rings, amulets, and more.

* Shop *
You can buy all kinds of items in the shop, but the rare items are sought-after and not always available. Sometimes the shop has epic items in stock, and there are rumours that from time to time, even legendary items are sold.

It's FREE! Download Battlebow: Shoot the Demons now.

* Universal App *
Play it on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Experience jaw-dropping Retina graphics. Requires iOS version 3.2 or higher.

* Ethical IAP *
We have made sure you can play through the whole game without having to spend any real money.

---
Join me on the Battlebow Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/squizzang

Follow me on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/squizzang

Sanuku's comments:

07-02-2012, 06:17 AM
yeah! been waiting for this. I hope it's as good as i think it is.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

07-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Not so sure about this one.Will wait for game impressions.
07-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Out in the PH appstore. Downloading. Will post imps later.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-02-2012, 11:02 AM
This is surprisingly good mostly due to its responsive control and deep RPG elements.

This will be my go to static shooter for now as I find myself enjoying this title.

Cant say much about the IAP yet, but i feel compelled to buy some IAP to show appreciation to the devs with this good pickup and play game.

Very accessible gameplay, but in order to maximize it, you need to play a lot to level up the character to grind for money, and to level up and unlock new equips. For now, i only have 1 character unlocked, but he uses bows and swords. There are 3 characters to unlock with Gems, and i think each one has different playstyles which will make for some excellent replay value.

Also, there is a coop play option but dont have anyone to test it with.

For those who like shmups, check this one out. It's a shmup variant that's done right!

It's also free, so get it and see if the game works for you!

07-02-2012, 11:18 AM
So this is what happens when Diablo and Centipede have a baby?

Looking forward to trying this when it hits the U.S.
07-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
This is surprisingly good mostly due to its responsive control and deep RPG elements.

This will be my go to static shooter for now as I find myself enjoying this title.

Cant say much about the IAP yet, but i feel compelled to buy some IAP to show appreciation to the devs with this good pickup and play game.

Very accessible gameplay, but in order to maximize it, you need to play a lot to level up the character to grind for money, and to level up and unlock new equips. For now, i only have 1 character unlocked, but he uses bows and swords. There are 3 characters to unlock with Gems, and i think each one has different playstyles which will make for some excellent replay value.

Also, there is a coop play option but dont have anyone to test it with.

For those who like shmups, check this one out. It's a shmup variant that's done right!

It's also free, so get it and see if the game works for you!
Thanks Exact Psience,I'll check this out.
07-03-2012, 03:38 AM
Co-op mode!!

But it's co-op 2 in one device, allowing me to control 2 players at once.

Still enjoyable, RPG elements are spot-on.

Last edited by stryver12; 07-03-2012 at 05:38 AM. Reason: typo
07-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Played a little longer. Level cap is level 40.
Once you reach level 40, you have an option to promote to next rank, which resets your character to level 1, nothing else.

Game ends at wave 66, where you face the demon lord, then the game ends, leaving a message about future updates...

Last edited by stryver12; 07-04-2012 at 06:29 AM.
07-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
So this is what happens when Diablo and Centipede have a baby?

Looking forward to trying this when it hits the U.S.
If Diablo and Team Fortress had a baby, it would probably look like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TeamFortress_meets_Diablo_800.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	45040