★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

MadFinger- Samurai Vengeance and Samurai WOTW HD -> $0.99

07-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
MadFinger- Samurai Vengeance and Samurai WOTW HD -> $0.99

Both Samurai games are fantastic... though Way of the Warrior has swipe controls, which some may not like... Personally, I prefer the first to Vengeance... might just be me though. =oP
07-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Sweet! I've been wanting Samurai II to see how the virtual controls work as opposed to the swipe controls in WOTW (which were great, IMO)

07-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Sweet! I've been wanting Samurai II to see how the virtual controls work as opposed to the swipe controls in WOTW (which were great, IMO)
Never been the biggest fan of virtual controls, but I own both games and I have to say, the second is much, much better because of the virtual controls. They use an auto-targeting system, a la Ninja Gaiden, that just makes everything flow a lot better. It's a fun brawler and an absolutely gorgeous game. As much as people rave about Dead Trigger (which I'm loving, by the way) and Shadow Gun, I still think Samurai II is one of the best looking games on iOS.
07-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Never been the biggest fan of virtual controls, but I own both games and I have to say, the second is much, much better because of the virtual controls. They use an auto-targeting system, a la Ninja Gaiden, that just makes everything flow a lot better. It's a fun brawler and an absolutely gorgeous game. As much as people rave about Dead Trigger (which I'm loving, by the way) and Shadow Gun, I still think Samurai II is one of the best looking games on iOS.
Psience agrees.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Thanks! I'm gonna buy it for sure now!
07-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Thanks! I'm gonna buy it for sure now!
Me too!!! Going to stock up on all these July 4th sale games...
07-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Me too!!! Going to stock up on all these July 4th sale games...
Yup yup! I love the holidays! xD
07-02-2012, 11:37 AM
What's the difference between Samurai II: Dojo and S II: Vengeance?
07-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfong View Post
What's the difference between Samurai II: Dojo and S II: Vengeance?
Dojo only contains Dojo mode, while Vengeance contains the Story/Campaign Mode and Dojo Mode...

Dojo is pretty much a survival mode
07-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Dojo only contains Dojo mode, while Vengeance contains the Story/Campaign Mode and Dojo Mode...

Dojo is pretty much a survival mode
Thanks, I guess I can delete dojo then.