★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Urban Tycoon Update???

11-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Urban Tycoon Update???

Hey I bought Urban Tycoon in the beginning of November. I know it's going 3-D in December but the game description says it is on sale until version 2.0 (a badly needed update) hits app store in November. So where is it?!!!! I know the dev checks these forums so answer my question. (or anyone else who knows). Thanks!

Oh and where are the weekly updates?! There has not been one.

UPDATE:

LMAO!!!!!! I pissed them off!!! The price of Urban Tycoon is now $ 1, but they removed the update part of the description. But we still go ripped off. Here is what they now put:

Developers Note: Urban Tycoon will be upgraded to the 3D version very soon. Leading up to this major update we are slashing the price of Urban Tycoon by 50%.

Last edited by dannys95; 11-25-2008 at 03:04 PM.
11-23-2008, 04:10 PM
You have a better chance seeing Jesus descend form Heaven and walk across the Atlantic

11-23-2008, 04:40 PM
The dev is a lier!

Visit Hidden App Gems to find iPhone and iPod Touch game reviews, find the latest sales, and enter contests to win FREE games!

Current Contests: WifiTrak & That Ain't It
11-23-2008, 04:43 PM
The developer used to come here and visit the forums to ask for feedback and while some offered it most members here ripped him a new asshole over spending the price of a coke on his game that apparently didn't meet their expectations. If I was the dev I wouldn't come back either.
11-23-2008, 05:03 PM
The dev lies he doesn't even respond to his own MSG boards
11-23-2008, 05:09 PM
do you even think 2.0 will come out

would he spend money on a unity engine?

he has our money already

the game doesnt run

he is probably operating as a different name

i would love for the develop to prove me wrong, and update the game to some functionality

this has actually curbed my buying at the app store
so it negatively affects everyone if this is an abuse

if an update does not come by December...I am going to report it to Apple as Abuse, so at least they can halt payment checks
one alternative would be a class action lawsuit, as Apple has all his information, and if it turns out to be fraud, we might have legal standing

but please..Developer...Prove me wrong..cause i would much rather enjoy your game, then try to fight with you

im just hoping he is busy working on an update
but his silence is unsettling
11-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Wow! This may be the single dumbest comment I have ever read on these forums. You buy a game a month ago for all of $1.99 and have the audacity to say that if it is not updated that you are going to report it to Apple as Abuse or consider a class action suit?!? Do you even know the first thing about a class action suit? I do. Do have even the slightest understanding of fraud or did you just pick up a few legal phrases on Law & Order and decide to throw them around for effect?

Grow up. You spent a whole $1.99 for a game and don't like it. Move on.
11-23-2008, 05:33 PM
I've long been waiting for "the" update as well. Having Sim City come out just around the corner, maybe the dev is really trying to come up with something that will be competition against Sim City? I know if I was a smaller developer that had come up with an app without any real competition, knowing "Goliath" is just around the bend, I'd be hard at work getting my troops in order. Ya know? So I say sit patiently and see what happens. To my recollection, there has been at least one update since it's debut.
11-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iago View Post
Wow! This may be the single dumbest comment I have ever read on these forums. You buy a game a month ago for all of $1.99 and have the audacity to say that if it is not updated that you are going to report it to Apple as Abuse or consider a class action suit?!? Do you even know the first thing about a class action suit? I do. Do have even the slightest understanding of fraud or did you just pick up a few legal phrases on Law & Order and decide to throw them around for effect?

Grow up. You spent a whole $1.99 for a game and don't like it. Move on.
Im sorry but Fraud is Fraud...in the broadest sense, a fraud is a deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual.
if the developer said the game was this and that, and it wasn't...and never corrects/updates the game to his original or equivalent...then that to me..is Fraud
I dont care about $1.99
but if the developer sold thousands of copies....that means he lied to thousands of people...

i'm not going to get over a flame war over it with you
i just want to hear from the developer
11-23-2008, 06:41 PM
I have to say i laughed out loud when i saw this post topic.... you're better off waiting for Sim City Origins haha seriously though, something better has to come a long... until then maybe play LinCity for free on your comp?

Plus+ ID: Wegmans