★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Jonathan Mulcahy
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 78.6 MB
  • Version: 1.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: You have been stranded 100 light years from Earth, can you survive the long way home?

After a catastrophic ship explosion, you must make your way home 1 light year at a time. Encounter exploding asteroids, teleporting dark matter, comets and more on your epic journey home.

A Long Way Home is a action / physics / puzzle game set in space. Making you way through 10 levels, you must jump from asteroid to asteroid collecting enough dark matter to open a portal to the next level.

- GAMECENTER Leaderboards for each stage
- 10 Levels (unlock 90 additional levels via IAP)
- Physics Style Gameplay
- 3 Control Types (Accelerometer, Hot Zones and Onscreen Buttons)
- Stunning Graphics
- Fantastic Ambient Music

REVIEWS (of the iPad version):

CNET Australia's App of the Day on March 22, 2012

"A Long Way Home has all the hallmarks for an indie sleeper hit on the iPad." - Pocket Gamer

"Not many mobile or tablet games actually evoke an emotional response, but this game does." - The Smart Phone App Review"

"If you're up for patient, thoughtful gameplay that makes for an evocative experience, you should give A Long Way Home a shot." - Touch Arcade

4 Stars - Touch Arcade

"Only a handful of games for the iPad can produce an emotional response, as A Long Way Home did for me. I hope it can do the same for you." - Appolicious

jonmulcahy's comments:
A Long Way Home Free has been approved for the iPad and is available now in the app store. This free version allows you to play the first 10 levels of the game and if you like it, allows you unlock the remaining 90 for $.99.

A Long Way Home originally came out for the iPad last summer, and was met with pret good reviews, TouchArcade even reviewed it: (http://toucharcade.com/2011/06/20/a-...r-ipad-review/)

eariler this year I ported it to the iPhone, Google Play, Kindle Fire and the Nook, but I'm proud to finally have a free version so people can get their feet wet before buying it. I'm confident that if you like this style game, you'll really like A Long Way Home.

07-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Here's a youtube video of some gameplay of the full version:

Youtube link | Pop Up
07-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Happy 4th everyone

Download a long way home free today to celebrate!

07-05-2012, 09:29 AM
As of this morning it's hit the following ranks in the free sections:

1 in Games/Arcade in Ukraine
4 in Games overall in Ukraine
9 in Apps overall in Ukraine

It's in the top 500 in a bunch of stores, but those are the only notable ones.