★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Philip Bemis
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 56.4 MB
  • Version: 2.0.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: This is the OLD VERSION of Little Caves. We are no longer updating it, it's only here for fans and video game archaeologists.

For the latest, greatest version, look for SUPER LITTLE CAVES on the App Store today!
You can probably see an icon for it somewhere on this page, actually. Look around!

-------------------

MADE WITH LOVE (AND TEARS) BY RECORD SET SHED IN OTTAWA, CANADA.

Thank you for supporting independent adventure games!
Every copy sold helps fund the development of our next EVEN BIGGER adventure!

PLEASE NOTE:
- Music and Sound FX are NOT AVAILABLE when running this game on iPhone 3GS or 3rd Generation iPod Touch. Particle effects are also reduced.
- This game uses an experimental engine we developed to generate it's massive seamless world without requiring the use of tiles. Since the engine is a brand new design, it still requires a lot of optimization and MAY run a tad slow on older devices. Shouldn't take too long for us to get it up to speed. :)
- PLEASE REPORT ANY BUGS YOU FIND TO SUPPORT@RECORDSETSHED.COM ASAP SO WE CAN GET THEM FIXED FOR YOU. :)
07-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Ok, TouchArcadians, I am pushing for a rally on this sleeper of a hit. Yes, it is simply a maze game. So it won't be anything other than a maze. I, myself, am not a maze lover. And yet, something about this game speaks to me in a very unique and quiet way. The lovely bit-style that is so over done in most games, becomes epic art with 'story'-revelations is neat, and reminds me a bit of SuperQuickHook's secrets. Accompanying GC achievements to boot. The understated sound affects standing in for soundtrack only heightens the effect when the actual soundtrack kicks in. Add in fairly enjoyable character banter, and I'm in love.
Again, it is only a maze. Yet this title represents some of the elements of magic that can happen on ios. It's a tiny game, with ambitions and scope. Me likes. And, to make a final distinction, my writing my seem hyperbolic, but I just wanted to write a personal little love letter to this game, as I would love to see more... And y'all should check it out, because now it is free. Wish I had done this when it was still paid. Shame on me.

07-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Simple but fun. Looking forward to the huuu...uge update next month.
07-04-2012, 10:21 AM
I played about 10 minutes and really like it. The improvements will help (breadcrumbs, not as much backtracking).
07-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Been enjoying this today . But now im stuck. How do you get the flaxseed out of the dryer?
07-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Everybody should download this and try it. The screenshots alone don't tell the story in this case. If nothing else, it's a great example of "it's not what you do, it's the way that you do it." Ambiance, narrative, done well, can elevate any simple idea.
07-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nshager View Post
Been enjoying this today . But now im stuck. How do you get the flaxseed out of the dryer?
You can enter the dryer through the bottom right corner - the circle in the middle can then be entered from the top-left - it's a little bit tricky but it worked for me
07-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.ihls View Post
You can enter the dryer through the bottom right corner - the circle in the middle can then be entered from the top-left - it's a little bit tricky but it worked for me
Thanks. No clue how I missed that.
07-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Charming and cute, imho. Pixel art used as maze layouts is great.

About the backtracking, might there be an easier way to go back the way you came ? Like if the game records a bit of which path the player takes? Not the whole way, but maybe in the past bit of distance or minutes?

If you have more collectibles in the maze, it'll make it much more worth the journey too.
02-08-2013, 03:30 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hey folks! We were so happy to stumble across this awesome thread here about our game. It's a pleasure to know at least a few people out there had SOME fun with v1.0.

Well, for all of you who picked up v1.0, you have a BIG treat coming your way hopefully by the end of the month. The brand new Little Caves v2.0 is so much bigger that it makes v1.0 look like something that was programmed, drawn, composed by one guy working out of his girlfriend's parents house.

You can follow the game's development on FACEBOOK.
And read about our strange little game company HERE.

Pick up a copy of v1.0 today and get a free update to v2.0 when it's released!
Little Caves on the App Store

Thanks so much for supporting this zero-budget dream! Hopefully one day you'll get to play our next game It will blow your mind.