Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-05-2012, 07:01 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I made a thread to exchange GC ids so we can invite TA members to play. Go there and share yours!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...21#post2331921

Last edited by ednan; 07-05-2012 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: Posted the link to the thread
Old 07-05-2012, 07:02 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooper View Post
Early days, but seems like snipers are rubbish. Maybe with the adorables teleport they could be used effectivley, but 1hp, and 1 movement? Really? Maybe if they were cheaper
Well them off with heavies/soldiers or give them bigger vision with runners.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooper View Post
Early days, but seems like snipers are rubbish. Maybe with the adorables teleport they could be used effectivley, but 1hp, and 1 movement? Really? Maybe if they were cheaper
Early days indeed

A few things about the sniper is it is a ranged attacker. it can deal HEAVY damage on targets at a distance. the three square range also means you can attack a heavy unit beyond its moving range

Also, it can fire across gaps and spaces on the map

Remember, these are more support classes than your offensive tanks and soldiers.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:15 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze28 View Post
Buff them with a Medic to 2 HP and position them cleverly and they get quite uncomfortable for your opponent. But left on their own, they are weak and easy targets - much like snipers should work. If you want a more resilient unit for area damage, try the Bombshell (the special unit of the Scallywags).
Definitley agree on buffing them being important. It stops runners from coming out of nowhere and just 1-shotting them. In choke points i could see how they could work against heavies and soldiers. But they're not my style, maybe some others will use them more effectviley. Really excited to see how this game develops stratetigcally.

Edit: @QA. I'll try some of that out in friendly, thanks
Old 07-05-2012, 08:03 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Can you start as many games as you want to?
I see a potential problems with people who are about to loose are simply abandoning ongoing games.
Maybe there should be a time limit like if you don't do your turn within seven days you automatically loose and your oponent wins.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Hundreds Cipher Breaker
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Send a message via ICQ to kamikaze28 Send a message via AIM to kamikaze28 Send a message via MSN to kamikaze28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHerm View Post
Can you start as many games as you want to?
I see a potential problems with people who are about to loose are simply abandoning ongoing games.
Maybe there should be a time limit like if you don't do your turn within seven days you automatically loose and your oponent wins.
Exactly what you said is already in place. After 7 days of not making a turn, you automatically forfeit. You will however receive a warning 24h prior to your automatic forfeit.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:12 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze28 View Post
Exactly what you said is already in place. After 7 days of not making a turn, you automatically forfeit. You will however receive a warning 24h prior to your automatic forfeit.
Ah thanks, that is good to know
Old 07-05-2012, 08:18 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

BTW, I tried this on both an iPhone 4 and a new iPad and this is so much more pleasant on the iPad. So if you got both, the iPad is an easy choice for this.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:21 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

How do you buy the maps?
I do not see them on the store and now I am playing a match on one of these locked maps. Even more lost than before!
Old 07-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Hundreds Cipher Breaker
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Send a message via ICQ to kamikaze28 Send a message via AIM to kamikaze28 Send a message via MSN to kamikaze28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
How do you buy the maps?
I do not see them on the store and now I am playing a match on one of these locked maps. Even more lost than before!
The maps are bundled with the team whose theme they sport. Independent of you buying teams (and maps) you can play on these maps and against those teams in league matches where you don't get to pick the map and your opponents team.

Keep playing and most importantly: watch replays of your lost games to see what went wrong and how to improve it.

Last edited by kamikaze28; 07-05-2012 at 08:29 AM..