Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-04-2012, 05:05 AM

Default Heroes in Time - (by Chillingo)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 07-05-2012 at 08:16 AM..
Old 07-04-2012, 05:10 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Aw cmon... Free?
Old 07-04-2012, 05:16 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Aw cmon... Free?
My guess is that its going to be free with lots of IAP
Old 07-04-2012, 05:18 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
My guess is that its going to be free with lots of IAP

Good guess.
I remember the last SEED games. Had quite some IAP.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:20 AM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I still think SEED is the worst popular KRPG series on the iOS. Expect lots of grinding on top of grinding.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:38 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Impressions ? I know it's early but im really curious how the IAP compares to other "free" KRPGS like zenonia4....
Old 07-04-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
Impressions ? I know it's early but im really curious how the IAP compares to other "free" KRPGS like zenonia4....
It`s actually pretty solid. Sure there is obviously some iAP coming with it since it`s Free but overall I don`t regret loading it up as the first Game tonight.

To sum it up it`s the Fantasy - King - Kids - Prophecy - Witch - Bad - Want to kill Kids - Split Kids - 10 Years later - King meets his Kid but doesn`t recognize him Story you would expect from a KRPG/JRPG.

While this sounds pretty boring on the first look it isn`t overall. Even I have played so far only the first ten Minutes of the Game I`m definitely looking forward how the Story and the Fighting itself will move along when I dig deeper into the Game.

As usual I`m already upload a HD Gameplay Trailer of the first 16. Minutes of Gameplay. As soon as it will be Online I will let you know.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

This looks fkin amazing. can't wait for tonight!!! woot!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
It`s actually pretty solid. Sure there is obviously some iAP coming with it since it`s Free but overall I don`t regret loading it up as the first Game tonight.

To sum it up it`s the Fantasy - King - Kids - Prophecy - Witch - Bad - Want to kill Kids - Split Kids - 10 Years later - King meets his Kid but doesn`t recognize him Story you would expect from a KRPG/JRPG.

While this sounds pretty boring on the first look it isn`t overall. Even I have played so far only the first ten Minutes of the Game I`m definitely looking forward how the Story and the Fighting itself will move along when I dig deeper into the Game.

As usual I`m already upload a HD Gameplay Trailer of the first 16. Minutes of Gameplay. As soon as it will be Online I will let you know.
I agree, though I must qualify my assessment with a reminder that Seed games have a way of starting pretty solid and then turning into grind/fetch-quest parties. I'm about an hour in and can say:

1) the port is excellent, with great framerate, nice 2-D graphics that are soft without being blurry, great use touch controls on the UI, etc.

2) Movement controls are decent (especially for a KRPG) though not perfect by any means. However, they've added a targetting mechanic that makes combat much less frustrating than it could be.

3) The story is standard fairy tale stuff, but it gives clear and understandable motivations to the characters, which makes a big difference in an RPG. The translation is professionally made, with proper grammar and spelling, no cut-off words, etc.

4) The environments are nicely detailed, with subtle animations that add a sense place. The world itself is huge and surprisingly varied, even within a particular section of the map.

5) Character animation is pretty good, though I wish they would do more with mob deaths.

6) The skill and class systems seem straightforward and a bit shallow (not necessarily a bad thing IMO), but there seems to be a ton of loot, all of which shows in your character.

Time will tell whether this falls apart in the grind/IAP department (so far the only IAP I've encountered is to unlock the "Coliseum" which seems to be a separate thing from the main game). For now, I've been digging the game.

Last edited by squarezero; 07-04-2012 at 09:39 AM..
Old 07-04-2012, 10:53 AM

A few Qs:

1: Does it suffer from "Hyper speed syndrome" like 90% of all KRPGS?

2: How open does the world seem at first glance? I understand you've only played for a while, but you usually get a hint pretty early

3: how does the challenge seem? To easy?

4: how does loot seem? Color coded? Fun? Interesting? Rare?

Thx a lot