★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Battle other players online in this EPIC Tactical Card Game (TCG)!

Enter a war-torn world on the brink of extinction, embark on an epic adventure and fight your way to the top of the PvP leaderboards in HEAVENSTRIKE RIVALS.

The once-prosperous aerial kingdom of Lunnain lies in tatters, assaulted from above by the Fallen - ruthless monsters of nightmare who seek only complete destruction. But the people will not take their fate lying down, and their strike back at the heavens starts now!

*** FEATURES ***

Battle LIVE online against players from across the world in REAL TIME with original TCG combat build especially for mobile devices.

New Events and Heroes added on a weekly basis, including Arena PvP mode (special rules) and ranked League matches. Earn Mana, coins and special monsters!

Collect and train over 200 fully-animated, manga style heroes and monsters

Discover an epic story as you explore Lunnain on a quest to save the legendary Seven Sisters

Features manga characters designed by Ryoma-Ito (FINAL FANTASY TACTICS ADVANCE) and music by Ryo Yamazaki (FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES THE CRYSTAL BEARERS)

*** REVIEWS ***

An amazing TCG game, Ive never played anything else like this!

Wow this is THE game i have been waiting for! Thank you Square Enix for bringing this well-polished strategic RPG game.

Look like FF tactic is coming back with an online version well done SE

Final Fantasy Tactics Mobile Amazing Artwork. Superb Sound. Challenging Combat. Best RPG Mobile App On The Market Right Now.

Sanuku's comments:
Quote:
CA/AUS Release info :

The Game is out in Canada/Australia. Size of the app is 541 MB.

Price in CA/AUS is Free

Requirements :

Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Enter a war-torn world on the brink of extinction, embark on an epic adventure and fight your way to the top of the PvP leaderboards in HEAVENSTRIKE RIVALS, the latest tactical RPG from SQUARE ENIX.

Enjoy a battle system designed especially for mobile devices that's easy to learn but with deep strategic possibilities, quick-entry player-vs-player combat, and hundreds of unique characters to collect, grow and evolve.

Challenge the world and ascend the rankings until you rule over all!

*** FEATURES ***
- Battle against players across the world in simple yet deep tactical battles, built especially for mobile devices
- Collect and train over 200 fully-animated units
- Embark on an epic quest across Lunnain to save the legendary Seven Sisters
- Climb the Sacred League to earn epic rewards
- Take part in regular events and weekend Arena competitions
- Features characters designed by Ryoma Ito (FINAL FANTASY TACTICS ADVANCE) and music by Ryo Yamazaki (FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES THE CRYSTAL BEARERS)

The once-prosperous aerial kingdom of Lunnain lies in tatters, assaulted from above by the Fallen - ruthless monsters of nightmare who seek only complete destruction. But the people will not take their fate lying down, and their strike back at the heavens starts now!
iPhone Screenshots

11-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Game Impressions

11-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Why oh why is this free. Is it coz it's a soft launch? Or does it have a significant amount of "features" suggesting it is freemium?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Why oh why is this free. Is it coz it's a soft launch? Or does it have a significant amount of "features" suggesting it is freemium?
SE would never soft launch free out of the goodness of their hearts. Almost guaranteed freemium.

Error 404. Signature can not be displayed.
11-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Very nice looking. Looks like I'm heading to Canada. Yea, my guess is it's a F2P game EP. Sad, but I'm actually getting used to every other game being free. I remember when I would spend 30 bucks a week on iOS games. Now I'm averaging about 10 bucks on a good week.
11-28-2014, 12:04 PM
I would like to tell everyone first to try the Game out before even assuming it might be bad at all since even if it`s Freemium and has iAP/Timer in it so far my Gaming Experiance with it hasn`t been bad at all and I am more then willing to spend more time with it.
11-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Game Impressions

11-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Anyone can check if this requires internet? I hope it's not another one of their collectible online games..

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa
11-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Looks interesting but I sense pay to win. How much precious time should I devote to this if I download it which I'm curious to know so I'll probably give in and download it. And lastly I'm getting a little weary of being sold the idea of PvP just so I can kick some butt and rule the world. Can't we just all get along❤️☺️
11-28-2014, 05:30 PM
Aw crap I guess it is an online game.. Sanuku's video shows it taking like maybe 10 seconds to sign in because it's "logging in". And says to play with stable wifi to prevent data loss. What a joke. Basically you have to have a steady Internet or the game might wipe your progress. SQE, you really are money grubbers.

I'm disappointed all that app makers nowadays think single player = multiplayer.

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa