★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Free today with App of the Day!

"devastatingly addictive" - Polygon
"a fantastic update to an already-classic browser game." - jayisgames.com

Swim and flip your dolphin to the moon and beyond! A fun, vibrant, 2-minute game with surprising depth, Dolphin Up lets you do amazing tricks with a porpoise. Successful flips, spins and tailslides build speed, allowing you to jump higher and soar into the stars. Perfect your landings and chain your tricks together to form huge combos, discover new possibilities and work your way up the leaderboards. A must-have classic.

Features:
- Simple, addictive gameplay that anyone can enjoy.
- Multiple characters and levels.
- Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements.
- Vibrant environments that change with the time of day.
- Two intuitive control schemes (Touch and Classic) to accommodate different playstyles.
- Quick and easy Tutorial mode teaches you the basics.
- Freeswim mode lets you play and practice for as long as you want.

arawkins's comments:
Hello,

I'd like to announce the release of Dolphin Up for iOS! Dolphin Up is a port of the flash game Dolphin Olympics 2 to mobile devices.

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/dolphin-up/id512064780?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Youtube link | Pop Up

07-04-2012, 10:42 AM
After rescuing his family, Ecco spends his spare time freestyling.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

07-04-2012, 10:43 AM

07-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Ecco, where you been? Good to see you, old friend! Man, me and you go back a LONG ways, dude! Gonna pick this up!
07-08-2012, 06:21 PM
I freaking love this game. The flash game was great and this port is perfect. The new touch controls suck but the classic controls are fantastic.

The only problem is my GF is way better at this game than me. A fact she will not let go.

Thanks so much for the port!
07-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Awesome, glad you are enjoying it! Just out of curiosity, can you elaborate on what bugs you about the touch controls? I admit I'm partial to classic myself, but it would be great to get some feedback to improve touch.
07-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arawkins View Post
Awesome, glad you are enjoying it! Just out of curiosity, can you elaborate on what bugs you about the touch controls? I admit I'm partial to classic myself, but it would be great to get some feedback to improve touch.
I made a similar comment in my app store review. The touch controls just don't work for me. They're not nearly as responsive as classic and I can't imagine doing half as well with those after switching.

I really think you'd be well served to change the default to classic.
07-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben! View Post
I made a similar comment in my app store review. The touch controls just don't work for me. They're not nearly as responsive as classic and I can't imagine doing half as well with those after switching.

I really think you'd be well served to change the default to classic.
Ok, thanks for the feedback My reasoning for making touch the default was that I thought it was the more natural control scheme for people who had never played Dolphin Olympics, whereas seasoned players could switch to classic and go with that. Of course I may have been mistaken so it's great to get feedback from players as to what they prefer.
07-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Rawkins just a huge thanks for bringing this to iOS finally ! Huge fan of the original DO and then fell in love with DO2. Why the name change ?
07-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by courseur View Post
Rawkins just a huge thanks for bringing this to iOS finally ! Huge fan of the original DO and then fell in love with DO2. Why the name change ?
Thanks, sorry it took so long! As for the name change, it turns out Olympics is a trademarked word, so we had to change it to something new.