★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *New holiday sale price for a limited time*

Corn Quest brings you a farm fresh approach to tower defense!

The cornfields are being attacked by a vast army of mutant bugs! You have been chosen to protect the cornfield, track down the source of the invasion, and lead your army to victory!

Features:
Instantly rewarding, real-time take on the tower defense genre
Three modes of play Campaign, Survival, and Sudden Death
5 unique corn units From steadfast grunt to sharpshooting sniper
5 incredible power-ups From the deceptive scarecrow to the unstoppable Shuck Norris
5 beautiful environments From the golden fields of corn to the cold, crystalline lair of the bug Queen

We recommend that you update your device to the latest iOS version before playing.

killercow's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 36.1 MB.

Price in NZ is $1.29 which should translate to USD $0.99

Quote:
Corn Quest brings you a farm fresh approach to tower defense!

The cornfields are being attacked by a vast army of mutant bugs! You have been chosen to protect the cornfield, track down the source of the invasion, and lead your army to victory!

Features:
Instantly rewarding, real-time take on the tower defense genre
Three modes of play Campaign, Survival, and Sudden Death
5 unique corn units From steadfast grunt to sharpshooting sniper
5 incredible power-ups From the deceptive scarecrow to the unstoppable Shuck Norris
5 beautiful environments From the golden fields of corn to the cold, crystalline lair of the bug Queen
07-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Game Impressions

07-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Bought!
07-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Sounds like popcorn popping. *going to pop some*

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
07-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Is this portrait mode only? Not a big fan of them on an iPad.
07-05-2012, 05:12 AM
The look of this game is great. The modes are amazing.
07-05-2012, 07:09 AM
I like what I see.
I will give it a try!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan
07-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Was great until I realized that the power ups are all IAP! 99 cents each for 6 uses! Consumable IAP? VERY disappointing. You can't even earn anything in game in order to get the power ups. I could see grinding for points or coins or something but nope - pure purchases. At least give the player the choice!

This seems to happen time and time again so I am going to be very slow to hit the buy button in the future until I get to see if IAP pop up on the app screen or some game impressions. MANY great games are skewed to getting this sort of IAP and on a paid game.
07-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Was great until I realized that the power ups are all IAP! 99 cents each for 6 uses! Consumable IAP? VERY disappointing. You can't even earn anything in game in order to get the power ups. I could see grinding for points or coins or something but nope - pure purchases. At least give the player the choice!

This seems to happen time and time again so I am going to be very slow to hit the buy button in the future until I get to see if IAP pop up on the app screen or some game impressions. MANY great games are skewed to getting this sort of IAP and on a paid game.
Wow. Ridiculous. I may get this if it goes on sale and is free, but I'm not even sure I'll waste my time on a game like this..

Last edited by cabdog; 07-05-2012 at 02:22 PM.
07-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Devs, I don't know how sales are, but considering the staleness of this thread, why not update to at least add the ability to grind for the power ups or similar? I wouldn’t doubt it if your consumable IAP approach has left a bitter taste in many enthusiast’s mouths and are not purchasing as a result. This is a shame as it certainly looks like fun, but there is no way I am buying under this model.