★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Defend Your Castle 1.0.3 Update, Lite Version & How to Play Video

05-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Defend Your Castle 1.0.3 Update, Lite Version & How to Play Video

Hey Guys,

Thanks as always for your support on the game -- we read (and really appreciate!) all the feedback everyone has posted so far.

It's been mentioned a little in the other thread, but for anyone who didn't read it, Apple finally approved our 3rd update to Defend Your Castle. This update adds multiple levels of effectiveness for each of the defensive upgrades previously available for purchase. So, you now have a lot more to spend your points on as you progress, including equipping your archers with exploding arrows and giving your craftsmen the ability to passively fortify as well as repair your castle walls.

The update prior to this one (version 1.0.2) added a huge achievements system, which allows you to earn up to 45 medals for special accomplishments or milestones as you play. We're really happy with how these latest two updates have even further improved the game. Also, the Lite version of Defend Your Castle was approved a short while ago so take a look at that if you want to give the game a try without "taking the plunge".

We've also put together a short & simple "How to Play" video, as we've been seeing just a few people struggling with how to obtain & assign converts and other subleties:

Last edited by XGenStudios; 05-29-2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Typo - oops
05-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Looks good! I may finally get this game, stick wars didn't appeal to me much...

Add me on Plus/OpenFeint/Gamecenter/Crystal: redsoxsrule424
Moderator at Com2uS' forums: http://global.com2us.com/forums
Moderator in IMO: [-MD-]soxrock424 in Siras, on Wadangka!
05-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Great to hear, thanks! Don't get us wrong, Stick Wars is a fine game also, but we hope you pick up DYC and let us know how you like it!
04-19-2011, 04:41 PM

After stick wars, i've played quite a few doodle castle defense games and to be honest, it was getting disappointed even more as i tried new ones. This one is no serious improvement over most of them, but it presents some original concepts as far as graphics goes, making it attractive enough to keep.

If you're on the lookout for a doodle castle defense game, this might offer some change, or would be a good place to start...

04-19-2011, 11:44 PM
*removes cobwebs*

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL