★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nicalis, Inc.
  • Genre:
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 25.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Swift*Stitch is a game about going fast, taking the right route and trying not to crash into stuff.

What the critics say:

"Swift Stitch is impeccably designed as to never feel aimless or opaque." - TIGSource

"... if you could go back 40 years and stick this into a cabinet, then we would have an instant classic on our hands. " - 8/10 The Digital Fix

"Its very clever, a little bit fiendish, Im really quite fond of it..." - Rock, Paper, Shotgun

"The game calls for a careful awareness of the space you're in, and knowledge of how to twist it to your own ends." - Kill Screen
07-05-2012, 08:28 AM

07-05-2012, 12:39 PM
That's it! I'm IN!
07-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Game Impressions

07-05-2012, 02:41 PM
I take it u can only turn right or left?
07-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Hiya, Gabrien poked me on twitter so here I am. I'm the developer for this game so if you want to know anything just say

Quote:
Originally Posted by panama chief View Post
I take it u can only turn right or left?
It's more a case of horizontal and vertical than left and right really. You hold to move vertically, release to move horizontally. The specific horizontal or vertical direction all depends on context.

It's easier to understand by playing I think, so give the game a download and play the first three or so levels, it should be clear after that
07-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieH View Post
It's more a case of horizontal and vertical than left and right really. You hold to move vertically, release to move horizontally. The specific horizontal or vertical direction all depends on context.
That's really the crux of the gameplay. It's also fairly diabolical, because what feels intuitive one second, can feel counterintuitive the next, and you are constantly being asked to adjust on the fly. Thankfully you are able to adjust the game's speed to your desired degree of challenge, and there is also a (nifty) slow-down-time feature for tricky spots. I like this lots.
07-06-2012, 12:33 AM
I played this game. It is confusing but very interesting.
07-06-2012, 10:08 PM
This is a cool game. People should check it out.
07-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
This is a cool game. People should check it out.
Agreed. As far as TA's concerned, this is a hidden gem.

Sorta off-topic: I really wish Gabrien would start mentioning the developers/publishers in his thread titles (ahem, ahem ) because the mere mention of NICALiS would probably get this a lot more attention. How many people would go "Oh, wait...Cave Story, right?" (for example) and check this out?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"