Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 06:52 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Will there be multiplayer races? I can see a guy in first and second in one of the pictures that's why I ask
Old 07-06-2012, 04:28 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Thanks!

Thank you for all the lovely comments, genuinely means a lot, and gives us a big boost in finishing the game.

The game is still very much in development though, and we’re playing around with the idea of a level editor and also some sort of async multiplayer (like playing against friend's ghost).

If we don't have absolutely everything when we launch, we will definitely be adding some extra functionality in updates.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:29 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Bloody hell it's coming to iOS. I remember waiting expectantly for this to hit PSN ages ago, I was not disapointed. It's a great game with a superb feel and great music (you must release that) so this is a no brainer.

Gesture based is cool but at a later date could you think about an update with onscreen buttons? I'm just thinking about all the complaining in the forums for not having that as an option.

Look at me asking about future updates already :/.....I'm sure you have enough to worry about.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:55 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Man I'm so excited for this one
Old 07-06-2012, 11:33 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to sicksilvo

Level editor would be such a great feature to have, replayability of game would be highly increased. So keep playing with that idea for a update in a future,I don't see it as a necessary at a launch of the game. I don't like to get hyped over anything, but i have a high hopes for this one. Keep us updated with the progression of development pretty please
Old 07-06-2012, 11:47 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Probably won't double dip, but played it and loved it on PSN.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:59 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Here is a short E3 hands-on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=cVxSAPCL4nI

As devs stated "The game is still very much in development" but I love the way it looks
Old 07-09-2012, 07:43 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

@devensega Soooo, We've totally gone embracing this as being a touch centric game rather than trying to mimic a physical controller in its play style. Touching anywhere on screen performs Joe's basic moves ( duck , jump etc ), then your gestures on screen perform different tricks. In some cases like with Popup Barriers and D.A.N.G.E.R letters you physically touch on them to Activate / Collect / deactivate those objects as you're hurtling along at top speed ( something you can't do on a gamepad ).

Hopefully after playing JD:Touch you'll not feel like there is any need for on screen buttons, and in the best case wonder why other games would do any different. That being said, If lots of people have trouble with this then we'll of course look into alternatives, but fingers crossed....

@GeekyDad glad you loved the PSN JD Although we haven't shown this off yet, JD:Touch is all new levels, a whole bunch of new "touch only" mechanics and it also has its own environments not seen in the other games.

@sicksilvo we'll try our very bestest to keep everyone updated

Last edited by trialbyfun; 07-09-2012 at 07:49 AM..
Old 08-09-2012, 05:32 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

So I just saw Joe Danger: The Movie 2 announce trailer (Xbox360/PS3 I guess) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1uFK...eature=g-all-u and can't help but to wonder will the Joe Danger Touch future any or similar levels to one's presented in the video?

I'm well aware that they are not the same games, but on Hellogames website it is stated: Here are some Joe Danger Touch FACTS:

It’s like a real console game, but on your iPhone
It doesn’t use one of those silly virtual joystick things
It’s a a totally new game, with new levels, mechanics and everything (:

Any news on the game development progress?
Old 08-10-2012, 07:06 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

What timing!

As you can probably guess we've been super busy spinning the many plates ( or is that bikes? ) of Mr Joe Danger.

The attached photo is actually a pretty accurate version of our day ahead.

Progress wise, just this very morning in fact I put together a brand new build. I've got my trusty permanent pen to hand, a 10 page checklist of features,
bugs and other fun, and today we're going to be sitting down to give the game a proper grilling to see what works, what doesn’t and what makes us weep with joy.

With luck the checklist will be getting smaller by the end of the day, but if it doesn't the plus side is it just means the game will be even better when it comes out

And as a special bonus you can see the brand new environment on show that we're calling "The Farm". Nobody else has seen this yet so shhhhh. Secret... right?

Meanwhile.... as spotted above, we’ve just released the trailer for Joe Danger 2, which is coming for consoles real soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ljgeXV_814

One last thing! Next week all of Hello Games is packing their living rooms into the back of a van, and driving from the UK to Germany, to show both the console and iOS versions off. We’re at Hall 7, Booth C020 if we have any German readers on Touch Arcade!

Closed Thread