★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Skipping Turtles (Video sneak peek)

07-06-2012, 02:22 AM
Skipping Turtles (Video sneak peek)

We are excited to announce our upcoming game for iOS and Android. Skipping Turtles will be an exciting adventure game.

Skippy, a world famous skipping turtle has hung up his shell to enjoy retirement. He has heard rumors of Salty, the notorious salt water crocodile coming back from exile from the harsh outback of Australia. As he was relaxing, he could hear voices outside and then heard a knock at the door. He opened the door and saw a group of his friends with concerned looks on their faces.

Hops, a large red kangaroo explained to Skippy that Salty was back from exile and had brought back his minions to help him. Salty's plan is to reroute all the water to his exiled land through pipes and water slides, making it impossible for the other animals to survive without their precious water resources. Skippy's friends need him to come out of retirement and team up with his lifelong friend Snap, an alligator snapping turtle, to defeat Salty and restore peace again to the animals of Australia.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Join Skippy and his friends as they take on Salty in the Land Down Under.

Sign up on our website or like us on FB to receive a code for a free download when our game is launched.

www.skippingturtles.com
www.facebook.com/skippingturtles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	skippy tube.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	45005  

Last edited by leaptomobile; 07-06-2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: embed video not working
07-06-2012, 03:19 AM
This your first title? Wow, as soon as I saw this thread, I knew it would be a keeper! I've signed up on your official website, and just got my email to confirm. I have not liked your FaceBook page just yet, but I will get round to it. What release date are you planning on releasing the game? Will it be this month?

07-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Hey skeletonlord,

Thank you for your support! We are very excited for this release. We hope to launch by the end of summer. We want to make sure it is done right before we release it.

Feel free to ask any questions and share with others. Here is a shot of Skippy.

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	skippy-.png
Views:	3
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	45025  
07-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Meet Snap, Skippy's lifelong friend and partner during their adventure to stop Salty and his minions.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	snap.png
Views:	3
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	45067  

Last edited by leaptomobile; 07-08-2012 at 12:57 AM. Reason: image
07-08-2012, 02:30 AM
This looks good, but the gameplay looks maybe a little simple? Could you tell me more about the controls?

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
07-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Thank you for the feedback. I will be posting another video showing a better snapshot of the game flow and controls. Skipping Turtles will provide a challenging game play.

Stay tuned...
07-08-2012, 06:39 PM
We would love and appreciate your feedback. We are also announcing a video contest. Make a video based on our video usingb props, costumes, etc and submit it. Winning video will be featured on our website and you will also be in our game credits.
07-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Updated image of game

Skippy in action...

Last edited by leaptomobile; 07-09-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: image
07-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Updated Trailer for Skipping Turtles for iOS (new content)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
This looks good, but the gameplay looks maybe a little simple? Could you tell me more about the controls?
Hi LOLavi,

We have added a new trailer, giving a better look at the challenging gameplay. You will notice as he collects his 5th shell, the shell on his back changes as he enters the tube taking him to the underground level.

Thank you for your comments.

Youtube link | Pop Up
07-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Looks nice so far

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3