★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: roll7
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 30.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Join the Gets Tribe on their escapade around the globe and save them from the perils of Yetis, Robo Frogs and spikey death!

The Gets Tribe are an adventurous bunch, on a quest to seek out new islands and challenges. Each island is a mini puzzle featuring challenging platform and timing based gameplay, with multiple routes to solve each world and huge replay value can you get them all to the Exit without any of the tribe getting burned, spiked, eaten or squished?!

It sounds simple, get from A to B without getting anyone killed. But you dont control the Tribesmen themselves, only the ground theyre walking on. Raise and lower the platforms to make paths to safety, while trapping baddies like Yetis and Frogs to keep your guys from getting munched!

Its really addictive. I feel terrible every time one of them dies and I hear that cute little Ooooh Noooo...

Features:
3 Unique Worlds Happy Hills, Frosty Mountain and Rusty Gears

55 finger twisting, brain bending levels

16 different types of interactive platform from spikes, to lava, to bouncy rubber!

9 enemy bosses

Star based score system with huge replay value

The worlds only Flying Penguin.

How to play:

Touch and drag platforms to move them up and down. Simples (theres a full tutorial too, so dont worry)!

TheFrost's comments:

LITE VERSION: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gets-to-the-exit-lite/id537672789?mt=8

Playing the lite and I find it fun, you control the environment instead of the tribesmen. So far really good, will buy the full when I finish this lite
07-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Finding it really hard to get ALL tribesmen to safety and get 3 stars shortly after the tutorial... on the LITE version still...

07-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Finding it really hard to get ALL tribesmen to safety and get 3 stars shortly after the tutorial... on the LITE version still...
Hey TheFrost, thanks for the post, much appreciated! Which level are you finding tricky?!
07-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Double post

Last edited by TheFrost; 07-06-2012 at 11:58 AM.
07-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbutterfingers View Post
Hey TheFrost, thanks for the post, much appreciated! Which level are you finding tricky?!
The one with 2 wooden platforms on the middle and bouncing hills... Already beaten it. Liking the challenge and the gameplay itself

A question: If I buy the whole game, my save game gets transfered?

Edit: Welcome to the forums!
07-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I'm one of the devs on Gets.

Really glad you're enjoying the game! It's nice to hear positive stuff.

With regards to the level of challenge... just you wait... it gets a lot trickier later on...LOL. Just to re-assure anyone reading, we have sat here and 3 starred every level.. but some of them are pretty tricky and sometimes the most obvious route isn't always the best.

You'll find there are some levels where you can just find a balance, set the platforms up and they'll make their way to the exit safely, and in others you have to keep interacting with the platforms.

With the save file, it doesn't transfer :-0 . TBH it's something we probably should have considered. There'll be an update to the paid version next week that means in the paid version W1 will be unlocked from the start (so you can skip the tutorial), but transferring the save is defo something we'll get onto for v1.3
07-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbutterfingers View Post
Thanks for the welcome! I'm one of the devs on Gets.

Really glad you're enjoying the game! It's nice to hear positive stuff.

With regards to the level of challenge... just you wait... it gets a lot trickier later on...LOL. Just to re-assure anyone reading, we have sat here and 3 starred every level.. but some of them are pretty tricky and sometimes the most obvious route isn't always the best.

You'll find there are some levels where you can just find a balance, set the platforms up and they'll make their way to the exit safely, and in others you have to keep interacting with the platforms.

With the save file, it doesn't transfer :-0 . TBH it's something we probably should have considered. There'll be an update to the paid version next week that means in the paid version W1 will be unlocked from the start (so you can skip the tutorial), but transferring the save is defo something we'll get onto for v1.3
Thanks for the response, knowing every level can be beaten with 3 stars and that you are constantly fixing and updating is what decline the balance (already liked all the rest), so I will buy the full tonight, so the data transfer doesn't matter to me... to others, probably (and probably will get through half game by then, I hope)
07-07-2012, 08:09 AM
No one else playing this?
07-07-2012, 01:13 PM
@peanutbutterfingers: Why music is only present on the tutorial but not in the rest of the game?

EDIT: Just bought it... and noticed there isn't GameCenter... please include it

Last edited by TheFrost; 07-07-2012 at 01:26 PM.
07-07-2012, 01:45 PM
@TheFrost,

I think we felt that some of the levels will need repeated play throughs and music would become really irritating, at one point we had music in every level, but our testers were getting so annoyed that they were just playing the game on mute, so we just went for background sounds. With the tutorial level you tend to just breeze through and not play again, so music was OK there, even then it's pretty low key.

EDIT : Thanks for the purchase! Hope you enjoy the other 2 worlds!

Last edited by peanutbutterfingers; 07-07-2012 at 01:52 PM.