★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: All Aboard! Take your small bank loan, and transform the industry by becoming one of the most successful railroad tycoons known to man! Build tracks that connect small towns and watch their economies boom as your railroad system builds them up. It's your time to shine in Railroad Story!

The time has come for the wild west to connect! Build tracks between towns and cities, and watch as the resources flow freely! Use bridges and tunnels to complete tracks across difficult terrain, and prove that nothing can stand in your way! Help industrialize the area spanning 98 different cities and towns, across 18 missions, using 4 different types of trains! Out with the old horse drawn carriage, and in with the locomotives! But beware, with new technology comes new dangers! Throw some more coal on the fire, and roll on down the track!

There's also iPhone version of this game! Check the App Store!

GAME FEATURES:
18 missions that will entertain for hours!
98 populated cities and towns spanning 3 different locations!
4 different types of trains to keep it rolling!
3 awesome bonus missions!
NO IN-APP PURCHASES!
-----------------------------------------
STILL NOT CONVINCED? Try the lite version for free by searching for "Railroad Story HD Lite" in the App Store.
More fun games from Alawar:
FARM FRENZY 3 HD Running a farm has never been more fun!
SHAKE SPEARS! HD Take out opponents with well-aimed strikes in a knightly competition of strategy and precision!
THE TREASURES OF MONTEZUMA 3 HD The most spectacular match-3 game in the award-winning Montezuma series!

For more games, visit us at iphone.alawar.com!
FIND US in FACEBOOK: AlawarEntertainment
FOLLOW US in TWITTER: @AlawarMobile
Be the first to hear about our new games and awesome contests!

goiMot's comments:

Lite:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/railroad-story-hd-free/id522647845?mt=8
07-06-2012, 09:32 AM
I was hoping this would be the iOS railroad tycoon I've been waiting for. Picked up the lite, and so far it is not quite what I had hoped. Seems to be all mission based. Complete mission conditions and start over with another one, no long term railroad building simulation as far as I can tell. Is the full version like that as well?

07-06-2012, 10:13 AM
I'd like Railroad Tycoon on my iPad too, and yeah this isn't it. Worse though, this game's just not that good on its own merits. Clunky interface, uninspired graphic design, and just overall bland and forgettable feel. Worst Music Ever. "Campaign," presumably the game's primary mode, is spelt "Campign" on the main menu; which is telling of the apparent overall effort.

Last edited by Gabrien; 07-06-2012 at 12:00 PM.
07-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Aww, I was hoping (finally) for a Railroad Tycoon style game for my iPad as we'll. Apparently I am not two only one yearning for one. A shame this is not what we are looking for... Will check out the lite but sad that it is not what I was expecting. Can't blame the devs though, it wasn't what they were going for but Irish a Dev would come along and ake a game in the RRT frame!
07-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Worst part is the text. Bad grammar, missing words and even some of the text doesn't make sense. This is one of my pet hates. That alone puts me off. Looks pretty enough but so bland. Glad I tried the lite first. Railroad Tycoon on iPad would be awesome.
07-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Played the lite, and it reminds me of another Railroad from that I played on the PC a long time ago (no it's not RRT).

I'm enjoying this, but played like 3 missions in a few minutes.. if there are only 15, then I am wondering how long this will last.

2nd. The Hand is huge in the tutorial, and makes it imposible to click on certain items during the 2nd mission.
Making the hand smaller would be really nice.
07-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Me too. This game just made me yearn for Railroad Tycoon (the original) all the more.

<sigh>
07-07-2012, 07:59 AM
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
Tried it but like some others I was hoping for something like RRT. I don't want to be limited to missions.

If someone made the original Railroad Tycoon (1, not 2 or 3) I would very happily pay for it, he'll I'd even pay 20 as long as there was no IAP's.

Please.. Someone make it.

(on that note, I'm sure if anyone released all the classic Microprose games, they'd make a fortune off us oldies who want to replay them.)
07-07-2012, 05:24 PM