★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Some devices may face error when entering the game after 1.4.5. update.
We will be updating 1.4.6 version very soon, so please dont erase existing application until 1.4.6 version is on store.
If you already have erased the app, or in case you need urgent data recovery, please contact us through customer service center, along with your nick name in game.
We apologize for any inconvenience occurred.

E-Mail to >service_mobile@nexon.co.kr
======================================

@ The First Huge Update of 2013! @
Get ready to bust MapleStory Live wide open!

[Angelic Buster] Character Update
[Angelic Buster], Maple World's first pop idol hero, is here!
- Angelic Buster can only be purchased with Candy.
- If you make your Job Advancement at Level 10, you'll be able to use the Anglic Buster's unique equipment, the Soul Shooter.
- Making the Job Advancement at Level 10 will activate the 1st and 2nd Job Adv. skills together.
- Once you transform through Dress Up mode, you'll be able to attack with the Soul Shooter.
- All of Angelic Buster's skills use the all-new Recharge system.
- Try out the hundreds of items, dozens of skills, and many avatars that only the Angelic Buster can use.

Tons of Fun You Cannot Miss
- Explore the strange new land of [Pantheon]!
- Face off against a brand new boss!
- Battle your way through over 200 new quests!
- Get to know 15 new characters!
- Hunt 10 new types of monsters!

@ Game Description @
The MapleStory legend continues!
The fun and adventure of the MapleStory series is here, right in the palm of your hand.
The stories, monsters, and characters keep coming in constant updates.
Enjoy the endless world of adventure in MapleStory Live!

@ Important Announcement @
- If the program is force closed during play (like from a low battery), you may experience data errors.
Please close the game properly when you play.
- If you do lose saved data, please save your Nexon data and send the developers your nickname information. We will do what we can to restore your data.
(You can check your nickname from the character information on the upper right side of the game screen.)

- After you have saved your Nexon data, you may get an error telling you to reinstall the program. Make sure you save the game data again from the options on the bottom right of the character selection screen. Afterwards, delete and reinstall the game.
If the data was not saved before the re-installation, your character data will be deleted.

- Suspicious activity (such as changing your MAC address) can result in your account being banned.

@ Supported Devices
iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPod touch 3rd generation or higher, iOS 4.0 or higher.

@ Related Sites
Nexon Mobile Facebook (http://facebook.com/nexonmobile)
Customer Service (mobile@nexon.net)
07-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
This game was released worldwide as a PAID game months ago by nexon, it was in Korean but it still let you do the IAP and everything else if you could understand it.

The game was pulled within 24 hours and apple refunded me the cost for taking my money and withdrawing so quickly from the app store.

Good game but the support is abysmal, after all these months I still never received a response to my very reasonable support email I sent to them asking why it had happened.

I'm not saying don't get this game but that was a real situation that happened to me, so don't go buying into it under the illusion that you will be supported.
Nexon probably doesn't give 2 shits about iOS. They just port their games to this platform and just let it be. This game isn't even a real MMORPG, it's like a solo 2D adventure game.

That would be pretty awesome if they actually made it a MMORPG where you can play with others and interact with them though.

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19

07-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Maybe a stupid question, but is this the ful Maple Story game I can play on my Mac? Like does it download the rest of the worlds or something? The full Maple Story would work really well on the iPad, on the iPhone though, not so much.
07-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdragoon19 View Post
Nexon probably doesn't give 2 shits about iOS. They just port their games to this platform and just let it be. This game isn't even a real MMORPG, it's like a solo 2D adventure game.

That would be pretty awesome if they actually made it a MMORPG where you can play with others and interact with them though.
Aww. That's too bad
They need an iPad release of the mmorpg.
07-06-2012, 12:04 PM
No. I've played this (albiet for about 5 minutes), Maple Story Cygnus Knights Edition, Thief Edition, and another one, the name of which I can't recall at the moment.

They aren't online; at least there is no multiplayer interaction. They are just mediocre single player games made to cash in on Maple Story's popularity...which I thought had waned years ago.

C: :###
If you want to friend me on GC,tell me you're from TA and include your screen name.
GC: DON'TSHOOT!
07-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Maple Story Cave Crawlers??

Anyway... yeah, I've got all 3 of them as well (Cygnus Knights, Thief, and CC)... this says it's the 'complete Maple Story Mobile Experience'... so I'm guessing it's the first two games (does not include Cave Crawlers)... except you're not allowed access to the Mailbox, Storage, Rest Experience, and the mini-games unless you pay.

But it also says that more monsters, characters, and stories (I'm guessing side-quests) have been added to it... so it's more like a version2.0 or something of the games...

meh... they weren't really that good the first time around, especially the controls (which could use A LOT of tweaking that will NEVER be included in an update...) - so... I doubt I'll be grabbing this. But if you don't have the first two, and like Action RPG titles with a bit of platforming made challenging by junky controls... this one's for you! =oD
07-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Swordigo over this anytime. Oh, and even Avenger over this anytime.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-06-2012, 01:12 PM
What a crock to call it "Live". There is a distinct thought when you see that which implies it might actually be the real Maple Story. Some devs really see the app store as a place to mislead people. It's interesting because a lot of these same devs release products on other platforms with the intent to actually provide a game that is both profitable and respectful to its audience.
07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
also played all the three other maple games.. i actually liked them. CC was fun (even though it was basically Deep Deep Dungeon with Maple story characters). Nexon are doing quite a lot with iOS. Perhaps one day, years from now, there will be a complete online client for maple story, but for now, these single person games are more than enough.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
07-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Maple Story Cave Crawlers??
Yeah, that one. They were fun when I was using an iPod Touch 2.0, but there are plenty of KRPGs, both side scrolling (vampire hunter, err...one with a girl as the protagonist) and overhead (Crimsonheart, good old Wild Frontier) which are superior. Even on that old iPod Touch.