★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mech Guardian - $1.99->Free

07-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Mech Guardian - $1.99->Free

I found it beautiful but boring and hampered by paidmium qualities, syntheticvoid loved it. Now it's free(mium) so you can make up your own mind.
07-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
I found it beautiful but boring and hampered by paidmium qualities, syntheticvoid loved it. Now it's free(mium) so you can make up your own mind.
Dear God it's beautiful.

Paidmium/Freemium though? Yeah, I'm full up on even trying FTP stuff these days. Shame so many devs are going this way...

DBC

I could never give up.

07-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Dear God it's beautiful.

Paidmium/Freemium though? Yeah, I'm full up on even trying FTP stuff these days. Shame so many devs are going this way...

DBC
According to SV, the IAP is not at all necessary to progress or compete on the leaderboards. Personally, if it smells like freemium, I don't want it stinking up my device, but that's more of a philosophical stance than anything else. If you don't mind games with a bunch of IAP as long as you can get by without them, you might like this. Though ultimately, there still wasn't enough variety in the gameplay for me.
07-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Dear God it's beautiful.

DBC
Teah, I've stopped updating the .ipa files stored on my computer. If I do update and I'm unsure of the result, I pull the old file out of the recycle bin for storage.

No that it really matters unless I figure out itunes and how to sync my devices without screwing everything up. One of my first experiences hooking up to a device to iTunes resulted in my ipod wiped bare because of some stupid duplicate file error. Frankly, I don't even understand syncing. I don't always want the data on different devices to be in sync; after all, I screw crap up...and don't want everything messed up as a result. I just want to transfer the data I want to, where I want to, when I want to. I don't think I'm asking for much, just some good old fashioned drag and drop itunes interface.

Well, I guess I strayed a bit off topic...

C: :###
If you want to friend me on GC,tell me you're from TA and include your screen name.
GC: DON'TSHOOT!
07-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Teah, I've stopped updating the .ipa files stored on my computer. If I do update and I'm unsure of the result, I pull the old file out of the recycle bin for storage.
Yeah, Dark Meadow almost got me with the "update..."

DBC

I could never give up.
07-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
According to SV, the IAP is not at all necessary to progress or compete on the leaderboards. Personally, if it smells like freemium, I don't want it stinking up my device, but that's more of a philosophical stance than anything else. If you don't mind games with a bunch of IAP as long as you can get by without them, you might like this. Though ultimately, there still wasn't enough variety in the gameplay for me.
Personally? It's gradually becoming philosophical for me. I am growing so F'ing tired of the whole, "Or the game could be even more enjoyable if.." BS. Sell me the game already, or don't. You choice.

DBC

I could never give up.
01-06-2014, 04:35 PM
It's free again.