★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: SoulCraft is the best free2play Action RPG game. If you have been a hunter in enough dungeon crawlers and feel like you have been a warrior for all eternity already, answer the call, fight for the torchlight of hope and choose to be a legendary hero in the action role playing game SoulCraft :)

*** SoulCraft has been featured by Apple in several countries - thanks :)***
*** our favourite user comment This game is better than Elvis :) ***

Setting of Action RPG game:
With humans on the brink to discover the secret of eternal life, angels and evil demons make a pact to proclaim the apocalypse to be able to materialize into the real world, fight the humans for victory and keep the circle of life intact. SoulCraft lets you play as an angel (with humans and demons coming soon) it is up to you who will win this fight. May it be diablo in hell, god in heaven or the human race in this war of heroes directly on earth.

SoulCraft is being developed by the small indie game studio MobileBits. We are constantly improving the game and hope you will take this chance to shape this free game with us together to make it a real top pick and award winning game with lots of prizes. We will add lots of stuff (locations, character, spells, items and more) and we will use your feedback to decide what to do next.

Features:
- free2play / freemium Action RPG game with lots of hack n slash and dungeon crawling
- awesome graphics and great gameplay in this best roleplaying game
- combat demons in real locations such as Venice, Rome & Hamburg, New York & Egypt. More locations coming soon!
- play as an Angel now with more races including Demon and Human coming soon
- five different game modes in legendary quests including time run, arena, hellgate, crystal defense and boss fights
- battle lots of different and diversified enemies and fight with lots of weapons, swords, items, spells, equipment, gear and loot. Kill like a knight of heaven (aka angel).
- Multiplayer: challenge your friends and Co-Op Multiplayer coming soon

Download the best game SoulCraft right now for free and tell us what you think on our feedback page at http://SoulCraftGame.com - and please like us on http://facebook.com/Soulcraftgame.
Thank you :)
07-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Very bad iOS port! :C

07-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Soulcraft [FREE]

Tried it out already - graphics are amazing. It's ad supported (in the load screens). Gameplay is pretty good, though some of the collision detection could be better (collision geometry seems a bit too big).

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
07-06-2012, 02:23 PM
ugh. Free. Imma pick it up later, but seeing a free price point is tiring me out.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
ugh. Free. Imma pick it up later, but seeing a free price point is tiring me out.
Same here. But maybe, just maybe, the developers are benevolent creatures, steeped in the arcane arts of Xcode, sent here to deliver upon us silly iPhone gamers a feeling of hope and happiness; that fun can be had free, transporting us through the mystical pay wall to a place where a simple love for game development exists? A place, not unlike the late 90's and early 2000's, before digital distribution, when talented artists and programmers who didn't work for mega corps created their dreams, simply out of their passion for games; the games they had wanted to see made?
07-06-2012, 06:48 PM
I didn't notice any IAP in the game, though I deleted it after a few minutes.
07-06-2012, 07:03 PM
is the gameplay like a diablo type? the screens looks great for the moment
07-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Melee Dual Stick Arena-type brawler. It's actually mission based but the stages are very small. It's ok for free, i guess. I havent seen the IAP section, as it needs you to register a login to access the shop. Only played to test it out and it seemed pretty decent. Unfortunately, the top-down mission-based arena type game is a bit crowded now, and some titles are pretty hard to beat: Dungeon Hunter 3, Apocalypse Knights, Left2Die... Just to name a few.

Sill I say you check it out since it's free, it may tickle your fancy.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-06-2012, 09:02 PM
The game is very similar to Dungeon Hunter 3 in style. There are series of short missions in small maps that mostly involve fighting demons. Mission goals vary (survival, destroy the hellgates, get to the exit before the time is up) and are unlocked as you progress.

Regarding IAP, there are two currencies. One is souls that you earn by defeating the demons (1 per demon I think). The other is gold - I think you earn 1 gold for each mission you complete. Needless to say, the better items are going to cost gold. And this is where purchasing comes into play - you can purchase additional gold for real money. I also found at least one area on the map that requires you to purchase gold (any amount) to access. As to whether it's necessary to buy gold to really progress, I don't know - I'm only at level 3 so far.

I have noticed a couple of issues. First, the UI seems really designed for ipad. On my iphone, buttons are pretty small, often taking multiple taps to find the sweet spot. The second problem is the game doesn't seem so friendly to the system when you leave. Twice now it's wreaked havoc on my phone, causing problems with responsiveness and failure to load properly when trying to get back in (getting just a black screen), even after completely closing the app. This is on my iphone 4 with the latest OS. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else has this problem as well. This would be a clear deal breaker if it is.

I found the game on Google Play, and it's posted as a beta there. It seems they released as beta here as well.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams

Last edited by Artfoundry; 07-22-2012 at 01:25 AM.
07-06-2012, 11:45 PM