★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How difficult are the Final Fantasy games?

07-06-2012, 05:51 PM
How difficult are the Final Fantasy games?

How difficult are Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, and Final Fantasy III?

Would you recommend them for their stories at all? Like.. do they have good stories?

I'm rather easily amused by stories, so I'm not much of a critic when it comes to Final Fantasy aha.

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
07-06-2012, 08:07 PM
1 and 2 are very easy, particularly compared to the third. I think they've been simplified from their original formats to appeal to the more casual idevice crowd.

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free

07-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLegend View Post
1 and 2 are very easy, particularly compared to the third. I think they've been simplified from their original formats to appeal to the more casual idevice crowd.
Very interesting.

So Final Fantasy III is a difficult one?

How do the games play on iDevices? Are they worth the exorbitant price? (compared to other iDevice games, that is )

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
07-06-2012, 08:44 PM
3 is way easier than 1 IMO, 1 has nothing to guide you where to go and doesn't have much of a story,comparitively. I'd go with 2 if u like traditional 2d...3 if you want a 3d experience. I recommend skipping the first one because ur most likely not going to like it. They get easier as they go on IMO... Better stories but more linear...I think ff4 - 9 are alot better though but none of those are available yet.
07-06-2012, 08:57 PM
I don't think any of them are particularly difficult, just kinda grindy. Nothing compared to the newer FF games, though. None of the first three games were particular heavy on story, but I found III to be my favorite of the series. It's quaint and cute, but also has a great presentation. I'm not a fan of the more recent teen-angst feel the series took on from VII and beyond.
07-07-2012, 01:32 AM
I - Very good story, but it's so hidden between the lines that you won't think there is one at all until you look up plot summaries online. Very easy.
II - Decent story, though not at all hidden. Very easy.
III - Average story, also not hidden. Pretty difficult.
07-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
I don't think any of them are particularly difficult, just kinda grindy. Nothing compared to the newer FF games, though. None of the first three games were particular heavy on story, but I found III to be my favorite of the series. It's quaint and cute, but also has a great presentation. I'm not a fan of the more recent teen-angst feel the series took on from VII and beyond.
[2], I would post something like this. ^

(I don't like the way FF I and FF II have been ported, though.)
07-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Ff3 was just plain okay. Nothing compared to 4-10,12,13. The best imo are 4,8,10 as any other true ff fan would agree. Ff3 story was mediocre, the only thing it brought along were job changes but that's nothing considering this was a very very old game. It got remade on ds then ported to ios. Gameplay is turnbased but not like ff7 or beyond kind of turnbased. This you can take as much time as you want thinking. One of the worst ff's yet definitely the best ios game. The more recent teen-angst feel aftrr ffvii took on? Haha i can tell you havnt plyed half the games in the series. Vii was horrible. The only thing impressive was that it was the first true 3d ff. Ff8+9 blew it out of the waters. 10 was the best ff by far and im so glad its getting a remastered version on ps3
07-08-2012, 08:13 AM
I didn't like 8 my list would be(of the main # series)

Top tier:
FF6
FF9

High tier:
FF4
Ff7

Mid tier:
FF10
FF5
FF8
FF1

Low tier:
FF3
FF13
FF2

Bottom

FF12
FF11
07-08-2012, 08:42 AM
FF8 isn't at the top of many peoples lists. As far as difficulty I don't recall any of them being tough to get through. I've read that the DS versions of FF3 and FF4 are hard but I haven't played through them yet.