★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The hit game series with over 150 million plays! Hanger is a ragdoll swinging game where anything can happen!
It's like Spider Man meets Happy Wheels!
Use your rope to swing your way through each level but try not to lose any limbs along the way!
** Featured by Apple! **

** FEATURES **

75+ levels with different themes!
Choose your character and unlock more!
Challenge mode with different mini challenges!
Get chased by monsters in Endless Mode!
Catchy soundtrack by Boy vs Bacteria!
Super smooth ragdoll physics gameplay, watch your limbs fly all over the place!
Game center leaderboards and achievements, compete with your friends!
No In-app purchases!

** WHAT THE CRITICS SAY **

"I can see Hanger easily becoming a classic iOS game."
- The-App-Shack.com

"Sometimes you just want something that's fast, easy to play, but still has something to offer on the production side and has a cool mechanic, I think this is it."
- Toucharcade.com

"Hangers fundamental gameplay is very good and its weird, dark bent is intriguing."
- 148apps.com

"If youre looking for a pick up and play type of game, Hanger is a solid choice."
- Appadvice.com

"It's an often wildly surreal game that will give you hours upon hours of enjoyment."
- Jayisgames.com

"Thanks to its immaculate gameplay and terrific art style, Hanger is a worthy addition for any casual or hardcore iOS gamer."
- Apptudes.com

"Hanger has a surprising amount of depth, and is simply a thoroughly engaging iOS experience."
- Applenapps.com

Hanger is worth checking out. Its fun, fast and even a little off-putting in a horror movie kind of way.
- Appolicious.com

Lost a limb? Just keep on swinging!

metalcasket's comments:
NOTE: Click HERE to play the Flash version.

07-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Decided to TOFTT and check this out. All I can say is:

Spider-Man? Pffft...he ain't got nothing on these guys!

Don't let the simple graphics and gameplay fool you; behind all that is a really satisfying, polished game with fantastic (ragdoll) physics and awesome music that covers a lot of criteria. Huh? Like simple games that you can play when you have 3 minutes to spare? Check. Like blood, gore and dismembering (who doesn't? )? Check. Like Rocketcat's "Hook" games (albeit much simpler)? Check. Like catchy beats? Check. Like crisp retina graphics? Check. Like varied backgrounds? Che...you get the idea.

This is one of those games like Ace Rider or Hit the Banker...which for some reason just grab your attention and waste your time even though there's really nothing much to them. That, by no means, is a bad thing.

$1 (for now), no IAPs, both level based and endless...recommended.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 07-07-2012 at 09:02 AM.

07-07-2012, 08:03 AM
right on... thanks for the post! =oD

Definitely gonna have to check this one out when I get some more KEEEEAAASHH. =oP

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
07-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
right on... thanks for the post! =oD

Definitely gonna have to check this one out when I get some more KEEEEAAASHH. =oP
No probs. Always great when it pays off taking a chance on these little things.

Gotta say, kudos to the devs for naming each individual character (even though they're faceless). Even though it's a relatively lighthearted game, it's a tad bit unsettling knowing that Malcolm just lost his legs as they were impaled on a giant cigarette. It's a minor detail, but you kinda feel bad for these "people", you know?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Awesome game, love it.
07-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Hi! I'm Christian stman, 1 of the 2 creators of Hanger. Thank's for posting about the game and i'm very happy that you enjoyed it. Especially the part about the Hanger characters having names. We added that in pretty late, after the rest of the game was finished and i think it improved it quite a bit.

We have a small competition that we started on Twitter. The first 3 persons who gets all 90 stars (thats 3 stars on every level) and sends us a screenshot get's a Hanger T-shirt. Looking like this http://asmallgame.spreadshirt.com/ . Just send the screenshot to us on Twitter: @asmallgame or mail it to "info[at]asmallgame.com".

No one has done it yet (since the game was released), so good luck and safe hanging!

Last edited by Chribbe; 07-07-2012 at 11:26 AM.
07-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Looks awesome. I only wish it were universal...
07-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Please make universal!

#swag
07-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks, Metalcasket!
That's all I needed to hear, no need to read further down the thread! Downloading now......
07-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Definetly get this game! It's really polished and fun! There's even an endless mode!