★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 300 Bowl "BIG UPDATE"

11-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
300 Bowl "BIG UPDATE"

The update released last week is horrible. It took away the curves and everything else. I personally liked the old version better. Wish that there was a way to revert. This needs fixed bad. I always liked Flick Bowling better, but now this is pushing to be off my iPod.
11-23-2008, 05:42 PM
I'd agree wholeheartedly with you brewstermax!! My girlfriend HATES the game now...and sadly, it was really the only game she'd play, not being a big gamer and all. I remember when the Appstore first came out, you could dig through your computer and find previous versions of apps and reload them. Now, all of'em go straight to my trash bin. I'm not very smart with computers but you MAY be able to dig the previous version out of your computer before it ends up in the trash. Maybe someone here could explain how?

11-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
The update released last week is horrible. It took away the curves and everything else. I personally liked the old version better. Wish that there was a way to revert. This needs fixed bad. I always liked Flick Bowling better, but now this is pushing to be off my iPod.
it didnt take away curves in my ipod and they said that this was a preparation for the next "BIG UPDATE" where you can create custom balls and all that
11-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
They are really messing this up. It was the original bowling game, and was ok before. But now anybody who needs a good bowling game should look at flick bowling at only $.99.

I'm sure the several Freeverse devs around here are loving the praise.
11-23-2008, 08:38 PM
I agree on all counts. The new update is terrible, and flick bowling is wayyyyyyyy better. Midnight bowling looks great too, but I don't need to spend $5 on another bowling game.
11-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Am I the only one on here who really dislikes flick bowling? I literally played a game where I bowled a strike each turn. It's wayyyy to easy!
11-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Did you crank up the difficulty?
11-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
Theres an easter egg in the new update to play the old version. All u have to do is when u get to the main menu, hit 300 then hit bowl (not at the same time) then do that two more times an u should have the old version bak!
11-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcpdrummer View Post
Theres an easter egg in the new update to play the old version. All u have to do is when u get to the main menu, hit 300 then hit bowl (not at the same time) then do that two more times an u should have the old version bak!
WAY TO GO!!! Now my girlfriend will actually pick up her Touch again!! Thanks for the heads up!!
11-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcpdrummer View Post
Didn't work for me...
Correction, I need better reading skills. IT WORKS! Thank god.

You do what he says: hit 300, hit bowl, hit new game, 1player, menu -> do it again -> old game!
It took me three times till it worked, but the old game is back!

Last edited by nickels; 11-24-2008 at 10:44 AM.