★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A Neon Prime has entered our solar system. We sent our main fleet to engage it but contact has been lost. Now you are our only hope to defeat the Neon Prime and save our planet! Neon Prime is a retro style vertical space shooter with the player fighting through 5 levels and boss fights.

5 Level campaign mode.
5 levels in level select mode.

Online score system that tracks the top scores, top players, and the most recent scores.
07-07-2012, 04:27 PM
While some in the forums may really appreciate this game, others may come away underwhelmed, as I was. That's not to say its a bad title, but calling it great would be a stretch, in my opinion.

Somewhat attractive in theme, but resoundingly shallow in gameplay. It's a shooter, a 'classical' shooter at that. And as it so often happens with ios shooters controls can make or break a game. Here, it was a struggle, responsive but ultimately lacking in precision. The ship, enemies, bullet patterns, are in themselves (sort of) interesting, but as a whole it all falls flat for me. Smooth framerate, though. But what really kills it for me is the menus, fonts, and ui. 'What', you say!? 'Those have nothing to do with the gameplay whatsoever'. And you would be right. Except, I feel those elements speak volumes about a developers over-all sense of what they are creating. Therefore, the attention to detail (or lack thereof), clearly indicates how the entire package comes together. And here I feel this package is a non-starter. Cool, but nowhere near cool enough. A lite version to try for the curious.
07-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Hybrid scrolling/static shooter with offset direct touch (ship locates above your finger).

Edit: There's also an iPad version (with a lite) that's been out a little longer.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/neon-prime-hd/id535601039?mt=8
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/neon-prime-hd-lite/id540432898?mt=8

Last edited by Royce; 07-07-2012 at 04:39 PM.
07-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Game Impressions