★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: NetDevo
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 33.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.7 (3)
App description: Winner of the prestigious FWA Mobile Of The Day Award! http://www.thefwa.com/mobile

Drain Pipe Surf Dudes really is one heck of a fun game. - APPSGamer.net

Drain Pipe Surf Dudestakes the popular tilt based endless runner motif and makes it cool and interesting. - 148Apps.com

Drain Pipe Surf Dudesis a fun game, to put it simply. Its quite challenging to complete but if it were easier, it probably wouldnt be as satisfying. - 148Apps.com

Read more:http://www.148apps.com/reviews/drain-pipe-surf-dudes-review/

Join Ampi and his crew for some totally awesome, drainpipe surfing down in Graffiti City!

NAIL 64 UNIQUE LEVELS

Jump on your leaf and fly down over 60 challenging drainpipes on the front of some really gnarly, disused buildings.

MASTER THE SIMPLE CONTROLS

There's tons of jumps, bumps and ways for you to wipeout down the pipes; have you got the surfing skills to master them? Let's find out dude...

EXPLORE DIFFERENT BUILDINGS

There are 4 buildings to get you started with 16 challenging drainpipes in each. They are:

* The School Pipes, where you'll learn how to pipe surf.
* The Condemned Pipes, which has lots of nasty obstacles for you to get tangled in.
* The Sick Pipes, where you might need a doctor after colliding with some of these objects.
* The Fuzz Pipes, where there's lots lots of loot for you to steal.

UNLOCK LOADS OF COOL UPGRADES

Theres also the Surf Store packed with loads of cool upgrades, such as new jump styles, leaf lube to go faster, parachutes and breakchutes to add even more dimensions to the gameplay!

You can unlock these awesome features by either using the stars you earn playing the game or by buying stars to get them immediately.

UNLOCK BONUS GAME MODES

Need a challenge? The Time Trial and Hornet Pursuit game modes will transform the gameplay in each pipe and make you play hard for your bonus stars.

UNLOCK LOADS OF ACHIEVEMENTS

You'll also find 25 Achievements to be unlocked and each will give you some extra stars, sweet!

COMPETE WITH YOUR FRIENDS

DPSD is totally connected to Game Centre, Facebook and Twitter so you can compete with your friends in 5 different leaderboards, share your high scores and earn yourself a bunch of star rewards to spend on the Surf Store.

It's a fun, fast and furious, fly by the seat of your pants game. Only the brave will survive...

GET READY FOR A NEW SURFING EXPERIENCE!

Find out more at: http://www.drainpipesurfdudes.com/
Follow DPSD on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/drainpipesurfdudes
Follow DPSD on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dpsdudes
Watch the walkthrough trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdRXOwgeHVo

* #1 GAME IN THE UK iTunes New Arcade Games! *
* #2 GAME IN THE UK iTunes New Action Games! *

NetDevo's comments:

My name is Leo Marques, co-creator (Rich Coggin being the other) of 'Drain Pipe Surf Dudes' (DPSD). It's just us two that have created it and has been a labour of love for the last 9 months.

DPSD is a new spin on the surfing gaming classics where rather than waves to surf, gamers are invited to fly down the drainpipes of a number of disused buildings in a fictitious place called Graffiti City.

We are extremely proud of DPSD and hope that this comes across in the game creation.

We would love to know what you think!

Cheers dudes!

07-08-2012, 06:01 AM
Looks like an awesome runner similar to Captain Antarctic, but it unique in presentation.
Will buy when i get home.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

07-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Thanks Exact-Psience! Glad you like the game style and hope you like the game play too.
Let me know what you think when you get a chance to play it.
07-08-2012, 07:16 AM
Hope you like the game people. A labour of love and we're super proud of it. See you down the pipes!
07-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Game Impressions

Guess I should have expected this, but the gameplay looked good so I figured a benefit of the doubt was in order. Nope. Just another title that calls you an idiot while attempting to slip a hand in your pocket. Don't bother picking this up unless you're willing to buy IAP or welcome the devs to use your Facebook/Twitter for their advertising purposes.
07-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Guess I should have expected this, but the gameplay looked good so I figured a benefit of the doubt was in order. Nope. Just another title that calls you an idiot while attempting to slip a hand in your pocket. Don't bother picking this up unless you're willing to buy IAP or welcome the devs to use your Facebook/Twitter for their advertising purposes.
Hi Gabrien glad you like how the gameplay looks!

In terms of the IAP, I'm personally not a big fan of games that force you to spend on IAP to play.

So we have designed the game is such way that you can gradually unlock all the upgrades from the Surf Store without ever spending a penny extra on IAP.

So players will earn stars when they play and can use the stars to unlock the rewards. And for those players who can't wait, there's an option to use IAP to buy more stars.

The upgrades from the Surf Store will affect the gameplay. Some of them, such as the Fly Nav or Super Vision will make the levels easier to play. Other upgrades, such as the Leaf Lube and Hornet Pursuit will make it more challenging.

Players also have the freedom to choose which upgrades to unlock at anytime as long as they've earned the stars to spend.

I hope this helps clarify we are not trying to abuse our players.

Hope you can give DPSD another go dude!
07-08-2012, 10:08 AM
This looks really interesting! Gonna buy and give it a try..
07-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Wow! Like like like like like like like like like like like like like like! Gonna buy!!!!!
07-08-2012, 12:21 PM
NetDevo,
Thanks for the clarification about the IAP. You gotta understand Gabe is very sensitive, as lots of us are, about this whole IAP thing. We don't take kindly around here to devs who, as Gabe says, take you for an idiot and want to constantly reach into your pocket. If your game plays as you say it does, and without too much annoying grinding, rewards you with everything in the game without the need to BUY the 'best' stuff, that's what we wanna hear. I might check this out now. I like how the surfboard moves here!

Last edited by bigrand1; 07-08-2012 at 12:24 PM.
07-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Hi bigrand1,
Thanks for the post
Yeah we totally understand and appreciate the concerns with the IAP.
After some more thought on yours and Gabe's feedback, I think maybe we should make it more clear for players that they can earn enough stars to unlock the upgrades by playing the game without the need for IAP. We definitely gonna add some in-game messaging about this in the next update which should come out in next few weeks.

By the way there are 25 different achievements to be unlocked through out the game worth 10 stars each. There're also 64 unique pipes levels and you can earn up to 3 stars for each pipe you nail. On top of that, you can earn 2 extra stars per pipe if you nail the Time Trial and Hornet Pursuit additional game modes. So loads of stars to be earned and upgrades to be unlocked Really hope you like game!