★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Any RPG similar to Zenonia on the PC?

05-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Any RPG similar to Zenonia on the PC?

Hey I was wondering if there're any RPGs that are similar to Zenonia on the iPhone for the PC. Meaning those that don't have random encounters (ala Final Fantasy/Pokemon) but rather live battles... And similar in other ways as well...

Any ideas guys? Thanks...
05-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Send a message via AIM to JTHM87
Quote:
Originally Posted by spvn View Post
Hey I was wondering if there're any RPGs that are similar to Zenonia on the iPhone for the PC. Meaning those that don't have random encounters (ala Final Fantasy/Pokemon) but rather live battles... And similar in other ways as well...

Any ideas guys? Thanks...
If you're willing to use an emulator on your PC, Golden Sun is a really awesome game that I believe shares similarities with Zenonia.

Some screenshots:

Now Playing: RE: Degeneration, FlightControl, Mafia Live!(775 908 694), Zenonia, Clue, and a whole lot more!
Follow me on Twitter! <3
Check this song out, it's amazing I promise!! Shout Out Louds - The Comeback

05-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Lol Runescape's more towards a MMORPG rather than an RPG with a whole story line. The only reason why I pointed out the "no random battles" thing was because I don't really enjoy RPGs with random battles, but I still enjoy great stories and art styles, both of which Zenonia has.

If only it was ported for touch controls (ie. menus weren't navigated using the D-pad)

EDIT: Oh and thanks for the recommendation jthm87, anyone else got more games to suggest?
05-30-2009, 08:21 PM
I am the same. I hate random battles, so I don't quite enjoy games like Final Fantasy, or Golden Sun. I'd still play them for the story. Golden Sun is a beautiful game but it has the random encounters battles system and it's turn based.

For hack and slash action rpgs, I'd say Fable and Sacred series are similar to Zenonia in terms of gameplay. Their art style is nothing like Zenonia but the games share similarity in that you go out the field and you kill monsters as you see them, and there are many side missions. They don't have a strong main storyline imho. I think there's a game called Fate, but I never played that one.
05-30-2009, 08:40 PM
I'd probably say Diablo 1 and 2 are awesome games with great story and multiple classes and skill trees.

Or check out a free game called ShadowFlare, it's similar. (To Diablo)
http://www.shadowflare.us/

05-30-2009, 08:52 PM
I know it's totally different but Oblivion is a masterpiece.
05-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
I'd probably say Diablo 1 and 2 are awesome games with great story and multiple classes and skill trees.

Or check out a free game called ShadowFlare, it's similar. (To Diablo)
http://www.shadowflare.us/
If you like Diable, you should check out Baldur's Gate (for the PC. Not the crappy console and handheld ones). The have similar gameplay, and amazing storylines (probably the best story in a video game). You can have up to six characters in your party, and there are a bunch to choose from.

HTC One M7 (main phone), iPhone 5S (just for the games!)
05-30-2009, 10:16 PM
If an MMORPG is fine with you, IMO, Maple Story is the closest thing to it.
07-18-2009, 08:13 PM
About Zenonia-like games on PC

Legend of Zelda: Minish cap is live battles it just lacks the battle skills and skill system which is the best part. But at least its live battles and the artwork is just like Zenonia. It's got quite a good storyline as well.

Platform: GBA/VBA
RPG