Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Marioman619 Marioman619 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 395
Default

I'm just wondering why they implemented the use of incentives. Beta testing is supposed to be voluntary (for the most part). I've never expected or asked for anything after beta testing, apart from the success of the app.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Shocked Shocked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioman619 View Post
I'm just wondering why they implemented the use of incentives. Beta testing is supposed to be voluntary (for the most part). I've never expected or asked for anything after beta testing, apart from the success of the app.
I never mind a promo code, but I don't ask for more, I just enjoy knowing I got it early..

I mean, I do it for fun an to help out the devloper.. There seperation of forums and real site is annoying, and they need to implement a PM system without the forums, and make it so you can reply to Developer's emails..

I just realized today, that the email I sent in reply to "so how is it going" idnt reach them sense I replied to the email ibetatest sends out....
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-31-2009, 12:09 AM
PointOfLight PointOfLight is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 3,791
Default

My personal experience with ibetatest.com is that it's a great place for getting the latest betas on a project, but not so good for interaction between beta testers. The mechanism for leaving reports, suggestions, etc. is like a hybrid between a forum and a social group, and it just doesn't seem all that friendly to me. Plus, I don't think there's a way that you can be notified if someone has replied to anything you post on a thread at ibetatest. As for any actual testing I've done through ibetatest, I've actually been in contact with the developers outside of the site, and they basically just directed me to the site in order for me to get the betas without them having to send the betas to me. In other words, I don't think the developers are really even using the site the way it was intended to be used (incidentally, both of the test groups I've been involved with there were as a result of TA )
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Shocked Shocked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 443
Default

Mmmm, i think it's simpler for devs to just make their own forum, or make a group here..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-31-2009, 01:03 AM
PSMOkizzle PSMOkizzle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 41
Default

Im on ibetatest, and i also am betatesting for iSR, GeoRain, and iCombat 1.2, if you still have spots open
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-31-2009, 03:31 AM
Anders's Avatar
Anders Anders is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
If you end up using it please please let us know how it works on the devs side. I'd love to know how it works

Cheers!
Sure! IF we decide to use it, we will probably do a test run ourselves to see how it works.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-31-2009, 03:37 AM
Anders's Avatar
Anders Anders is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
My personal experience with ibetatest.com is that it's a great place for getting the latest betas on a project, but not so good for interaction between beta testers. The mechanism for leaving reports, suggestions, etc. is like a hybrid between a forum and a social group, and it just doesn't seem all that friendly to me. Plus, I don't think there's a way that you can be notified if someone has replied to anything you post on a thread at ibetatest. As for any actual testing I've done through ibetatest, I've actually been in contact with the developers outside of the site, and they basically just directed me to the site in order for me to get the betas without them having to send the betas to me. In other words, I don't think the developers are really even using the site the way it was intended to be used (incidentally, both of the test groups I've been involved with there were as a result of TA )
That doesn't sound too good. I was hoping that the bug reporting tools were easy to use, and so that we would just get one report of a certain bug if the testers could see that it was already reported, and not 25 about the same one. And if you have 100 beta testers.. you get the picture.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-31-2009, 03:37 AM
Anders's Avatar
Anders Anders is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSMOkizzle View Post
Im on ibetatest, and i also am betatesting for iSR, GeoRain, and iCombat 1.2, if you still have spots open
We will probably begin beta testing in late July or something like that. I'll start a thread about it, or post here.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-31-2009, 03:51 AM
Zincous's Avatar
Zincous Zincous is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
We will probably begin beta testing in late July or something like that. I'll start a thread about it, or post here.
K I'll definitely be watching for that Hope I'm on at the right time they go so quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-31-2009, 04:37 AM
Haephestos Haephestos is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 655
Default

I'm on there, but I haven't done much testing through it!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent