★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2011 is free again.

07-08-2012, 09:34 PM
9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2011 is free again.

This is an interesting one. You build a team using baseball cards; merging them to power 'em up, and other stuff I have never been able to figure out. The appstore falls woefully short in terms of having any non-arcade baseball games; this isn't OOTP, but it does have real players.

I've forgotten who has the MLB license now; we have Fifa on iDevices because EA holds that license, but I suppose this is the as good as you'll get if you want both real players and the ability to play baseball games, as opposed to simming them.

C: :###
If you want to friend me on GC,tell me you're from TA and include your screen name.
GC: DON'TSHOOT!
07-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
This is an interesting one. You build a team using baseball cards; merging them to power 'em up, and other stuff I have never been able to figure out. The appstore falls woefully short in terms of having any non-arcade baseball games; this isn't OOTP, but it does have real players.

I've forgotten who has the MLB license now; we have Fifa on iDevices because EA holds that license, but I suppose this is the as good as you'll get if you want both real players and the ability to play baseball games, as opposed to simming them.
Great game, quite fun for an iOS baseball game. I believe 2k holds the license (i know EA lost it awhile back, reason there are no new mvp baseball games). But I'm not sure they have it for iOS devices, though I wouldn't be surprised if they do. [Would be amazing amazing amazing if we got a MLB2k... game on iOS]

Back ontopic though-highly recommend getting this game for free.

I don't want a signature.