★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Vroom! - [By Impromptu Games] - $0.99 -> FREE

07-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Vroom! - [By Impromptu Games] - $0.99 -> FREE

07-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up!
07-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Omg I tried this earlier today and the control/view combo was horrible, I deleted it straight away. Your tilting to steer and the screen is tilting around and argh its terrible. I didn't even get to finish 1 lap before I quit.
I think the screen should have been static if your tilting to steer.
07-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Omg I tried this earlier today and the control/view combo was horrible, I deleted it straight away. Your tilting to steer and the screen is tilting around and argh its terrible. I didn't even get to finish 1 lap before I quit.
Thanks, I wasn't able to download due to lack of space, now I won't even bother downloading!

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
07-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Über Racer was like that, you tilt and the screen tilts too, but Über Racer is a really good racing game and the screen tilting worked really well to add to the gameplay. I think it's still easily one of the most fun racers out for a mobile device...definitely a must buy if you're looking for a great arcade racer.

Vroom though didn't do the steering and screen tilting right, and on the iPad the break and acceleration buttons are strangely on the top of the screen which forces you to hold the iPad in an awkward position. Yeah, it's not that good.

Last edited by jeffyg3; 07-09-2012 at 06:22 PM.
07-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Thanks, I wasn't able to download due to lack of space, now I won't even bother downloading!
Yeah, your not missing that much. Strange how the control buttons are on top of the screen on the ipad, never seen that before. It's an "ok free" game.