★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Can't Say That! - Multiplayer Asynch Word Game - Launching July 18th

07-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to RussianWorm
Can't Say That! - Multiplayer Asynch Word Game - Launching July 18th

Hello TA Community,

Our company, Fugazo, Inc., has created an excellent mobile interpretation of the popular board game 'Taboo' where you will work with your friends coming up with creative clues (without using certain words) and solving fun word puzzles.

We feel this is a game you guys will have a lot of fun with but it's been strictly in-house up to this point so you're some of the first outsiders to see this game in action and we want to know what you think at first glance.

We're a small, indy studio based out of Seattle and would appreciate your support and feedback!

Check out our short promo video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

We also have a few questions for the community:

1. What do you think of the game we've developed? Does it look interesting and fun? Would you play it with your friends?

2. We went out on a limb and decided to require a Facebook login to play this game. Our reasoning is that it is meant to be played with friends and Facebook integration will make that so much easier for our users. We also clearly state that we will not spam users or post anything without their permission.

What are your thoughts? Like it? Hate it? Let us know.

3. Any suggestions for improvement of the app or questions about the full range of features? I'm happy to answer

Promo Codes will be coming soon to the promo code section so keep an eye out to get a chance to play this game before it launches!

Fun New iPhone Word Game - Play For Free With Your Friends!
Play our Word Puzzle of the Day and win Promo Codes at
Twitter: @playcantsaythat and Facebook: CantSayThat
07-09-2012, 07:37 PM
I absolutely would play this game. I love Taboo. But I'm a little hesitant about requiring Facebook integration. Does this mean that you can only play with your Facebook friends? Furthermore, assuming that there is a "Play random opponent" option, will your opponent be able to see your full name?

I prefer not to be limited to playing with my Facebook friends.

07-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Great questions Platyrrhine and we're excited to hear this game sounds fun to you.

But I'm a little hesitant about requiring Facebook integration. Does this mean that you can only play with your Facebook friends?

No, you will be able to create random games as well and find people by searching for their Facebook email.

Furthermore, assuming that there is a "Play random opponent" option, will your opponent be able to see your full name?

No, we have it set to only show initials after the first name:
John Smith ---> John S.
John Thomas Smith ---> John T. S.
So no worries about having to show your name to anyone.

Any other questions about our required Facebook login or any questions/thoughts in general?

07-10-2012, 02:06 PM
In that case, all is well 8 more days!
07-10-2012, 02:30 PM
What a great concept!! Looking forward to it!!!
07-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Platyrrhine: Yes, a week more for everyone else, but for taking the time to provide some feedback, you can get it today.

Just send me a PM and I'll get the promo code back to you .

JCman7: Thanks for your kind words and support!

07-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianWorm View Post
2. We went out on a limb and decided to require a Facebook login to play this game. Our reasoning is that it is meant to be played with friends and Facebook integration will make that so much easier for our users. We also clearly state that we will not spam users or post anything without their permission.

What are your thoughts? Like it? Hate it? Let us know.
Love the idea behind this game, but hate the requirement to log in to Facebook. The people I'd want to play this with/against the most don't have Facebook accounts, but either do use Game Center or would be in the same room and be able to play machine to machine via bluetooth or similar.
07-13-2012, 02:50 PM
dclose: Interesting, thank you for the feedback.

We do not have plans to integrate Game Center or add device to device connection without an account, however if this turns out to be a huge issue that affects a lot of people, we will certainly work to integrate an email login functionality to give non-facebook users a way in.

The problem with creating an account via email versus Facebook is that it is more difficult to create games with friends (you need their email to add them versus clicking their picture on the Facebook list) but if it's in demand we're happy to add it.

07-13-2012, 04:31 PM
As long as you can play a random person I'm happy but I agree having to log into Facebook might hurt the reviews for the game. Personally I'm fine with it but others might not be.
07-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Yes, we knew it would be very important to have the random game option.

We realize we are taking a bit of a risk but hope that it will pay off in making the game more enjoyable and less hassle for our users giving them the easiest method possible for playing with friends.

Oh and enjoy the code you just won .