★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Have you guys spent over a year to play one specific game?

07-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Have you guys spent over a year to play one specific game?

Do you guys have spent more than a year to play one specific game?
As for me, I haven't met such an addicted game yet? But I wonder whether you guys have got one or some of those kinda games.
07-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Due to the huge variety of iOS games theres 100's of games i keep on my device and play months or a year later. I like to dip in and out of lots of games so i keep many on my device.

I mean many arcade games you dont 'complete' you just go for the high-score so i tend to play these games a lot. If theres a huge 1.6 gig game i do try and complete that so i can then de-install it to free up space.

Other games i like to take my time with, eg Aralon the huge RPG. I didnt want to play it non stop and complete it in a week or so so i took my time with it, a brilliant game.

07-10-2012, 03:32 AM
drop7, I keep playing it since at least 2 years. I have some other games that I keep playing for long, but maybe not after 1 year anymore, or just very rarely.
07-10-2012, 03:50 AM
Disc Drivin' is the only one for me. Still play at least 5-10 minutes a day..normally when I wake up and before I go to bed. I'm always at the max number of games, so there are usually 15 turns waiting for me every time I play.

Edit: Oh, if games that I don't play regularly count, then I have a ton of them. I'll probably never delete the popular casual games (FN, AB, DJ, etc).

Twitter: @back2this

Last edited by backtothis; 07-10-2012 at 04:22 AM.
07-10-2012, 04:00 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
I tend to keep casual games on my device for a long time since they have massive replay value. The only games I've had on my device for over a year and still play occassionally are:

Angry Birds
Fruit Ninja
Words with Friends

When September hits, Jetpack Joyride will join that list.
07-10-2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
I tend to keep casual games on my device for a long time since they have massive replay value. The only games I've had on my device for over a year and still play occassionally are:

Angry Birds
Fruit Ninja
Words with Friends

When September hits, Jetpack Joyride will join that list.
Yeah, you remind me that I also keep some kinda casual games in my ipod to kill time when I'm boring, but I don't spend much time to play them.

Last edited by Kira Yu; 07-10-2012 at 04:27 AM.
07-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I've probably checked into 'We Rule' at least once a day since the game was released March 20, 2010 - - which seems kind of ancient for an iOS game...
07-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Send a message via AIM to JustinFic
I've kept tons of games on my devices for over a year, but I don't play many of them anymore. The ones I still often play a year later:

- Infinity Gene
- Pix 'n' Love Rush
- Words With Friends (down to 2 last people I play with)
- Everything by Cave

On track to join that list:

- Zaga 33
- Forget Me Not
- Gridrunner
07-10-2012, 07:47 PM
I still play Modern Combat: Sandstorm and Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus.
Fun games but I hate the hackers.
07-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Dragonvale is probably the sole game I've ever continually kept coming back to for a year.
I used to play alot more than I do now, but still, I still open it occasionally, so it still counts. Most other freemiums only tend to last me 3 months or so..but DV gets so many updates all the time... And it clearly pays off, they've been on the top 5 grossing list for the entire year , usually at #1 in my country ..it's cray cray.

I dunno about any other games.. Since puzzle or platform games only give you maybe a week or two of gameplay..if your addicted and playing alot.
So I guess only arcade games could qualify.

Veggie samurai gets an open here and there..when I want some mindless fun on a train ride or something.. Veggie samurai is basically a fruit ninja clone, but it's so much fun.. I've had fn sitting on my iPad for over a year I think..opened it less than 5 times.
Something about veggie samurai is so addictive.l I think it's the "mega veggies"... I always aim to get mega carrots.. There so bloody fun.
Oh and you can "dice" veggies instead of just slicing them. (you can cut into 4 pieces)

Currently addicted to: Duet game, Threes, Tengami, Oquonie, Platforms Unlimited, Perloo, Wave Wave