★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Spy vs. Spy - (by Robots & Pencils)[Universal]

07-10-2012, 10:39 AM
#1
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,958
Spy vs. Spy - (by Robots & Pencils)[Universal]





Features:
  • CONTROL THE BATTLEFIELD WITH BYOB (BRING YOUR OWN BOMB) TACTICS
  • A PLETHORA OF TRAPS, WEAPONS, LOOT & MISCHIEF IN MODERN & RETRO MODES
  • EXPERIENCE THE REVOLUTIONARY C64 RETRO CLASSIC IN FULL HD
  • "IF YOU DON'T SUCCEED AT FIRST . . . SPY, SPY AGAIN" - ALFRED E. NEUMAN
  • ONLINE + LOCAL MULTIPLAYER SUPPORT - SABOTAGE AND INTRIGUE INCLUDED

Homepage:
07-10-2012, 11:22 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,656
Remember this back in the 80's, it was a good laugh playing with a friend on this.

I cant remember though, did this have a single player vs computer mode ? Sure it did. Surely they would include this ?

The games looking good, nice new updated graphics but the classic gameplay seems the same. Hope it does well

07-10-2012, 03:57 PM
#3
My friend and I spent ridiculous amounts of time on the original on his Commodore 64. I need to have this.

and the horse you rode in on

Awaiting: Ridiculous Fishing // Random Battles // Monster Loves You! // Punch Quest // FIST OF AWESOME // Hammer04 // Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage
07-19-2012, 05:31 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Remember this back in the 80's, it was a good laugh playing with a friend on this.

I cant remember though, did this have a single player vs computer mode ? Sure it did. Surely they would include this ?

The games looking good, nice new updated graphics but the classic gameplay seems the same. Hope it does well
It does include a single player mode. You can play a campaign (ie 24 levels, unlock by winning prior one, try and get three stars) or just a straight up single player custom match. (along side local and online multiplayer)
07-20-2012, 12:21 AM
#5
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by codezy View Post
It does include a single player mode. You can play a campaign (ie 24 levels, unlock by winning prior one, try and get three stars) or just a straight up single player custom match. (along side local and online multiplayer)
ONLY 24 levels? C'mon, man..... When to be released? Then for the first update, perhaps DOUBLE the amount of those levels? Whadya think?

Last edited by bigrand1; 07-20-2012 at 12:23 AM.
07-20-2012, 01:33 AM
#6
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 240
I loved the original.
It's great to see it back.
07-20-2012, 06:20 AM
#7
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 220
One of my all time favorite. I hope they don't over-embellish it too much though.

Quote:
ONLINE + LOCAL MULTIPLAYER SUPPORT - SABOTAGE AND INTRIGUE INCLUDED
YES!
07-20-2012, 07:25 AM
#8
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
ONLY 24 levels? C'mon, man..... When to be released? Then for the first update, perhaps DOUBLE the amount of those levels? Whadya think?
24 levels is fine. Think some people expect too much for their couple of dollars
07-20-2012, 09:55 AM
#9
Love the retro mode
07-20-2012, 01:25 PM
#10
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 4,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
24 levels is fine. Think some people expect too much for their couple of dollars
Not at all! Always willing to pay whatever for what I want! Maybe for you, and you're entitled to your opinion.

Last edited by bigrand1; 07-20-2012 at 01:28 PM.