Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Jailbreaking and Installer Apps

Old 07-10-2012, 12:43 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Problem w/Blutrol on Icade Mobile Help!!!

I just got an Icade Mobile for my Iphone 4 and for some reason its working really buggy , it will work and then stop working mid game play and/or wont even work at all but only on my iphone...It works flawlessly on my Ipad (3rd Gen) which defeats the purpose of being for an iphone/ipod but for some reason i cant seem to get it to work on my iphone ,Ive triple checked to ensure that the Keyboard was set to U.S Qwerty and have the exact same settings on my ipad and i cant figure out what the issue is...I have even exchanged the Icade mobile at the strore to see if mine was defected and still has issues...and ive tried my Fiances iphone 4 to see if it was just my phone and it didnt work on hers either ... Im close to ordering a Gametel / Icontrolpad from the Uk to test one of those , just didnt wanna have to wait weeks to get it and run the risk of it still not working... if anyone has had this issue or know maybe what is causing it not to work please help thanks

** Both devices are Jailbroken through Absinte Ios 5.1.1
Old 07-10-2012, 02:19 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

I have my iCade Mobile running smoothly with Blutrol on an iPhone 4 5.1.1, JBd with Redsnow.

I've got all the emulators installed as well, including BT Stack and the like. One thing I can recommend trying is rebooting your iPhone and giving it another go. I noticed SFIV Volt was a little wonky until I rebooted, and since then everything has worked great. I actually thought my iCM was defective as well, but a lot of that has to do to being jailbroken I'm pretty sure.

Also, I don't know if you noticed, but if your iPhone doesn't seem to fit inside of the rubber holder very well, stick your finger in there and pull out the rubber spacer. You'll see a ") *ion (" with spaces to fit your fingertip in to lift it out. I didn't realize you could remove that bit. Now my iPhone fits perfectly snug.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:21 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I have rebooted the phone and still no luck , and it has worked a few times so i know it does work but for some reason it keeps cutting out and none of the buttons will work...but like i said in my orginal post it works perfect on my ipad so i know the actual icm isnt defective...I really dont want to have to return it because it seems like a great controller but i dont know what else to try...and yeah thanks i notced the spacer after like the second time playing with it and took it out as well.... any other ideas of why it keeps cutting out??
Old 07-11-2012, 11:11 AM

Hi
I have a small sugestion:
Do you tilt a lot during gaming?
I have a Icontrolpad and noticed that when I dont keep my iphone level sometimes buttons dont react properly.
It happens when using Blutrol and I think that the gyroscoop is intervering...
The reason that I thought that it might be your isue too is that it doens happen with your Ipad, wich I presume is standing on a table?
You can try to keep your Iphone extremely level and see if that helps.
If so we should look to turn the gyroscoop off...
Just my two cents.
Good luck Hans
Old 07-11-2012, 11:52 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE_Patriots521 View Post
I have rebooted the phone and still no luck , and it has worked a few times so i know it does work but for some reason it keeps cutting out and none of the buttons will work...but like i said in my orginal post it works perfect on my ipad so i know the actual icm isnt defective...I really dont want to have to return it because it seems like a great controller but i dont know what else to try...and yeah thanks i notced the spacer after like the second time playing with it and took it out as well.... any other ideas of why it keeps cutting out??
have you tried it with normal iOS games that support the iCade, and does it work properly for those games?

If the answer is yes, then you've got a problem with Blutrol. I'm not sure if you are using a copy that "fell off truck" or you bought it, but I am using a copy of Blutrol that I bought, and I can tell you that it works perfectly. If thats not the case, I would recommend reinstalling Blutrol, and maybe a few emulators that have "BTStack" included. That may sort things out. I've got iFBA, Mame4All, Snesu.emu, Nes.emu, PCE.emu installed.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by x999x View Post
have you tried it with normal iOS games that support the iCade, and does it work properly for those games?

If the answer is yes, then you've got a problem with Blutrol. I'm not sure if you are using a copy that "fell off truck" or you bought it, but I am using a copy of Blutrol that I bought, and I can tell you that it works perfectly. If thats not the case, I would recommend reinstalling Blutrol, and maybe a few emulators that have "BTStack" included. That may sort things out. I've got iFBA, Mame4All, Snesu.emu, Nes.emu, PCE.emu installed.
No I didn't actually pay for it , I got it from xsellize so it's a "cracked" version , would that really make a difference ? Because I have the same version on my iPad and like I said it works on that... I could try buying the paid version of blutrol and see if it works , and I hope that is an answer if not I'll have spent $7 for nothing lol
Old 07-11-2012, 09:16 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE_Patriots521 View Post
No I didn't actually pay for it , I got it from xsellize so it's a "cracked" version , would that really make a difference ? Because I have the same version on my iPad and like I said it works on that... I could try buying the paid version of blutrol and see if it works , and I hope that is an answer if not I'll have spent $7 for nothing lol
Ok, I'm not sure what version Blutrol you have, but my "legit" version is 0.9.2-1. I can tell you it works flawlessly.

Maybe my version is newer than yours, maybe its not, it could be a number of reasons, but you need to start removing variables to trouble shoot this. I would say since you tried a new iCade Mobile, you know its not that. The next step to remedy is your copy of Blutrol.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:07 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by x999x View Post
Ok, I'm not sure what version Blutrol you have, but my "legit" version is 0.9.2-1. I can tell you it works flawlessly.

Maybe my version is newer than yours, maybe its not, it could be a number of reasons, but you need to start removing variables to trouble shoot this. I would say since you tried a new iCade Mobile, you know its not that. The next step to remedy is your copy of Blutrol.

Ok as an update I have deleted my version of Blutrol and bought the legit version for $6.99 and still no luck , I rebooted my phone and re synced the Icade mobile and still no luck ... I think I'm at the point of giving up sadly , I've tried everything and still can't figure it out... I'm gonna just have to get an Icontrolpad or Gametel from the UK and pray that works...
Old 07-15-2012, 05:07 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I had this happening on my iPhone 4s where it would sometimes just not react to the buttons i was pressing on the iCade mobile. Needless to say i returned the iCade to ToysRUS and ordered the iControlpad because its really what i wanted in the first place and should have just ordered it so i finally did.

When Blutrol gets updated to use the dual analogs etc etc i will get more use out of the iControlpad for more games i enjoy plus it was driving me crazy i could not plug in my headphones while using the icade nor charge it and keep playing at the same time. It was all those little things that got on my nerves as an overall package.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:55 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Send a message via Skype™ to dappa

Heres my 2 cents on this, whenever I accidently tilt the phone while playing a game with blutrol the games inputs become all buggy or dont register at all, whenever I hold the phone vertically in landscape mode it stops happening.

Another thing to note is I read on the net that the latest IOS firmware has some bugs with some of the bluetooth game pads out there for some people and not for others, it affects the timing of the inputs or sometimes nothing registers at all, I'm on ios 5.0 and have never bothered updating my firmware because of this, I also have the most recent version of blutrol.

One last thing I can say is some games regardless of what you do just wont work with blutrol, its a problem with the app itself and the other thing if you decide to use blutrol on a game or emulator that has native support for the icade protocol you will encounter all sorts of problems with your controlpad or icade and the only way to get out of it is to uninstall blutrol and then go into your iphones system files and manually delete the blutrol config file as its not removed after an uninstall.