★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best game from Jeff Minter? (Llamasoft)

View Poll Results: Best game by Jeff Minter?
Gridrunner 23 53.49%
FiveaDay 0 0%
GoatUp 5 11.63%
Minotron: 2012 5 11.63%
Caverns of Minos 1 2.33%
Deflex 0 0%
Minotaur Rescue 3 6.98%
Super Ox War 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll
11-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Do you remember Manic Miner? Incoming news :-)

Game Center: masvil - feel free to add me telling you are from TA.
Do you need info about HDMI out and iCade to use your iDevice as a real game station? Go there and there and thank Connector and Menneisyys.
11-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Was never a big shmup fan, so I went with Goatup

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

12-17-2012, 04:04 PM
I really love Caverns of Minos, it's just my kind of game, especially with the hard ship although the controls are inverted for some reason, unless you play with the iCade in which case they're perfect...

Then Gridrunner and Minotaur rescue, but I gotta say I love them all...

BTW, anyone saw this?

http://s349909351.websitehome.co.uk/blog/?p=338

looks like it could be a new favorite!

- makaGeorge (www.makasoft.net)
12-17-2012, 04:44 PM
If Space Giraffe was ever brought to iOS I swear I would wet my pants!
12-26-2012, 07:28 AM
I've only just discovered the greatness. Got Gridrunner, GoatUp, Minotaur Rescue, & Super Ox Wars yesterday. I just literally stayed up all night playing video games for the first time since I was a kid (or maybe college procrastinator).

Oh yeah--how do you trigger the Vic/C64 versions of Gridrunner? I've had the Vic once, but unless it just triggers automatically, it was random taps I don't remember. Gotta get back to that mesmerizing bullet explosion powerup...

Last edited by laszlo_kovacs; 12-26-2012 at 07:33 AM.
12-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laszlo_kovacs View Post
Oh yeah--how do you trigger the Vic/C64 versions of Gridrunner? I've had the Vic once, but unless it just triggers automatically, it was random taps I don't remember. Gotta get back to that mesmerizing bullet explosion powerup...
Hold your iDevice landscape with the home button on the right or left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Hold your iDevice landscape with the home button on the right or left.
Lol..the first time I accidentally flipped my iPod sideways for Gridrunner, I was like what the heck. The only thing I wish is for Minter to put Gridrunner Free's relative control into Gridrunner... There's just so many more people on the leaderboards for what it's worth.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
12-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Lol..the first time I accidentally flipped my iPod sideways for Gridrunner, I was like what the heck. The only thing I wish is for Minter to put Gridrunner Free's relative control into Gridrunner... There's just so many more people on the leaderboards for what it's worth.
Haha just figured it out by accident. And yeah, I was upset at first when I tried the free version and then bought the game proper instead of unlocking through IAP. But the bigger leaderboard made it worth getting the expert control down. Locked in now
12-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
The only thing I wish is for Minter to put Gridrunner Free's relative control into Gridrunner...
Same me. Jeff did a strange choise.

Game Center: masvil - feel free to add me telling you are from TA.
Do you need info about HDMI out and iCade to use your iDevice as a real game station? Go there and there and thank Connector and Menneisyys.
12-31-2012, 02:10 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Gridrunner is FANTASTIC... But Ox Wars really gets me with the scoring and different 'polarities'

=oP

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches, Phoenix HD, .Decluster Zero, Goblin Sword
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid (please say you're from TA)