App description: You have always dreamed of flying - but your wings are tiny. Luckily the world is full of beautiful hills. Use the hills as jumps - slide down, flap your wings and fly! At least for a moment - until this annoying gravity brings you back down to earth. But the next hill is waiting for you already. Watch out for the night and fly as fast as you can. Otherwise flying will only be a dream once again.

Tiny Wings was chosen as the iPhone Game of the Year in App Store Rewind 2011 in Europe and many other countries.Thank you Apple and a big thank you to all Tiny Wings fans!

Highlights:
Multiplayer: Play against your friends on a single iPad!
simple but skillfull "one button" (ok... maybe "one tap") arcade game about the dream of flying
the world is changing every day - so it does in this game! Procedural generated graphics will make "tiny wings" look different every day you play
upgrade your nest by fulfilling tasks
Three game modes: "Day Trip," "Flight School," and "Hill Party"
Play as the mama bird or one of her four children
15 hand-designed levels in the new "Flight School" mode
iCloud support (even syncs your game between the iPhone & iPad versions)

Sanuku's comments:

07-11-2012, 06:37 AM
He has earned a lot of money with tiny wings without adding one big content update, so I think it's a foul to add new content in a seperate app or IAP

Game Center: sink_or_swim
07-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHerm View Post
Why would adding IAP for new content be a a foul? Tiny Wings as it is right now is an awesome game. For new content, the dev could release a new app (Tiny Wings 2) and charge for that or add IAP within the existing app. While it's nice to get free content updates, it's definitely not a foul wanting to earn some money for the work put in the new stuff.
I probably should've clarified: I meant consumable IAP. Content would be just fine. My concern would be the game turning into another Whale Trail, to any extent.

07-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
He has earned a lot of money with tiny wings without adding one big content update, so I think it's a foul to add new content in a seperate app or IAP
Oh don't be silly. Honestly. Just stop that.
07-11-2012, 06:43 AM
The iPad version with the old name, I guess there will be an update with iPhone version

Antony
07-11-2012, 07:00 AM
If the new game modes are coming as a free update to the Original as v2.0, I do wonder why the iPad specific bits couldn't have been part of making it a universal app with that update?

If it's such an act of generosity and a thank you for the millions of people changing Andreas life, then charging 2 quid for the same game to play it on iPad seems a bit contradictory?

Last edited by ButchMC; 07-11-2012 at 07:04 AM.
07-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Dont get me wrong, a Tiny Wings multiplayer game while waiting for my turn in Outwitters is a great idea, and fits the game very well, but I was hoping for a shop (there are coins), different skins, really crazy slopes, and much more. But multiplayer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I probably should've clarified: I meant consumable IAP. Content would be just fine. My concern would be the game turning into another Whale Trail, to any extent.
I hope that never happens again to another game, the worst way of ruining a game ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
I hope this comes as an update for iPhone owners
07-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post

I hope this comes as an update for iPhone owners

It is an update for iPhone/pod owners.

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free
07-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
That indeed would be aweful!
07-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Oh don't be silly. Honestly. Just stop that.
I think this is possibly my favorite Gabrien post ever. lol

Oh...and Tiny Wings HD! Woot! I deleted the iPhone version from my phone, but honestly, I'm looking forward to starting fresh on the iPad anyway. Bringing out version 2.0 for the original game is a nice gesture, so I don't mind paying more for the iPad version. Seems like a fair trade to me. And, adding split screen multiplayer is enough to justify a separate app IMO. To me, this is the best possible way to update and support your app as a developer. It puts Andreas heads and shoulders above most of the other developers in my eyes. I've got no problem supporting this type of app support.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic