★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-11-2012, 06:37 AM
He has earned a lot of money with tiny wings without adding one big content update, so I think it's a foul to add new content in a seperate app or IAP

Game Center: sink_or_swim
07-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHerm View Post
Why would adding IAP for new content be a a foul? Tiny Wings as it is right now is an awesome game. For new content, the dev could release a new app (Tiny Wings 2) and charge for that or add IAP within the existing app. While it's nice to get free content updates, it's definitely not a foul wanting to earn some money for the work put in the new stuff.
I probably should've clarified: I meant consumable IAP. Content would be just fine. My concern would be the game turning into another Whale Trail, to any extent.

07-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
He has earned a lot of money with tiny wings without adding one big content update, so I think it's a foul to add new content in a seperate app or IAP
Oh don't be silly. Honestly. Just stop that.
07-11-2012, 06:43 AM
The iPad version with the old name, I guess there will be an update with iPhone version

Antony
07-11-2012, 06:49 AM
07-11-2012, 07:00 AM
If the new game modes are coming as a free update to the Original as v2.0, I do wonder why the iPad specific bits couldn't have been part of making it a universal app with that update?

If it's such an act of generosity and a thank you for the millions of people changing Andreas life, then charging 2 quid for the same game to play it on iPad seems a bit contradictory?

Last edited by ButchMC; 07-11-2012 at 07:04 AM.
07-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Dont get me wrong, a Tiny Wings multiplayer game while waiting for my turn in Outwitters is a great idea, and fits the game very well, but I was hoping for a shop (there are coins), different skins, really crazy slopes, and much more. But multiplayer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I probably should've clarified: I meant consumable IAP. Content would be just fine. My concern would be the game turning into another Whale Trail, to any extent.
I hope that never happens again to another game, the worst way of ruining a game ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
I hope this comes as an update for iPhone owners
07-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post

I hope this comes as an update for iPhone owners

It is an update for iPhone/pod owners.

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free
07-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
That indeed would be aweful!
07-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Oh don't be silly. Honestly. Just stop that.
I think this is possibly my favorite Gabrien post ever. lol

Oh...and Tiny Wings HD! Woot! I deleted the iPhone version from my phone, but honestly, I'm looking forward to starting fresh on the iPad anyway. Bringing out version 2.0 for the original game is a nice gesture, so I don't mind paying more for the iPad version. Seems like a fair trade to me. And, adding split screen multiplayer is enough to justify a separate app IMO. To me, this is the best possible way to update and support your app as a developer. It puts Andreas heads and shoulders above most of the other developers in my eyes. I've got no problem supporting this type of app support.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic