Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-13-2012, 02:16 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw27 View Post
Also one more comment I have about the tutorial. I have to express my concern about the difficulty of it. in one of my 2 games (which are both still in the tutorial level) my character has only 6 HP left and nothing he can do about it since I have not got a potion or anything to help me,and this is all after having killed my first wolf in the level.

It sounds to me that for a level that is mainly designed to teach a new player the game it should not be so difficult to where over half of your HP are drained by just one enemy,and you aren't given any potions or anything to help you out.

Now having played other RPG games I can probably steal a few ideas for solutions to this:

-have at least 1 enemy in the tutorial that does not fight back (preferably make this the first enemy a player faces)

-After the player faces his first enemy that does attack back,note in the tutorial how the character is now wounded and then have the game either automatically heal the player or assist the new player by giving him a free health potion.

-Keep the number of enemies to a minimum and instead of having the player face a gauntlet of enemies,have lessons on how to do certain things (like pray as a paladin) and then have the player do it to show they have learned the skill/movement/whatever.
These are all great suggestions. I'm definitely going to try and revamp the tutorial, thanks!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:17 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comassion View Post
I'd run for the exit. Or you're probably gonna die!
Probably this. You'll get the chance to restart from the last campsite and you'll retain all your progress. Hopefully you'll fair better next time.

What level are in? I'd like to know where people are having trouble so I can work to address it.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:18 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutz View Post
I've been trying for two days to get this game to work and my excitement has been fading by the hour. I have all lower case letters in my email and am unable to connect with my freind. This seriously needs a fix ASAP since I probably will delete this soon if I can't get a game started. Any plans on an update? Anything I should be doing?
Stutz,

I'm sending you a PM to try and help. Sorry about the trouble you're having.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Pollet View Post
Probably this. You'll get the chance to restart from the last campsite and you'll retain all your progress. Hopefully you'll fair better next time.

What level are in? I'd like to know where people are having trouble so I can work to address it.
So far I'm liking the challenge. I ran into tough opposition on quest 3 with just a Paladin and a Rogue (and that poor rogue is still stuck with the starting bow - newbie paladin friggin' sold the one he found, and we haven't found another since), but we pushed through it and are now clearing the caverns in quest 4. That's my farthest character. I have a couple in various parts of quest 3, and have completed quest 2 with several, and so far nobody's died (me or my teammates), except possibly on quest 1 when I think I saw a couple 'New character is dying' messages, but not being close to them I don't know what happened.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:25 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
So far I'm liking the challenge. I ran into tough opposition on quest 3 with just a Paladin and a Rogue (and that poor rogue is still stuck with the starting bow - newbie paladin friggin' sold the one he found, and we haven't found another since), but we pushed through it and are now clearing the caverns in quest 4. That's my farthest character. I have a couple in various parts of quest 3, and have completed quest 2 with several, and so far nobody's died (me or my teammates), except possibly on quest 1 when I think I saw a couple 'New character is dying' messages, but not being close to them I don't know what happened.
Awesome to hear! The difficulty definitely ramps up in Quests 3 and 4 as you start fighting different enemy types and mixes.

That 'New Character is Dying' message is something that we're going to fix.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Awesome to hear! The difficulty definitely ramps up in Quests 3 and 4 as you start fighting different enemy types and mixes.

That 'New Character is Dying' message is something that we're going to fix.
The other messaging you'll want to fix is messages related to abilities. For Camouflage (rogue), the turn after it says something like 'Rogue takes 5 damage from evasion'. It should be something like 'Rogue's evasion lowers by 5', as 'Damage' implies actual HP damage, not damage to abilities.

The other odd ability I noticed was the 'Horn' ability (for the Mechie). I think it just damages me, which doesn't seem particularly helpful.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:30 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Try hitting resync - I've found that several issues with characters in the wrong places (like in trees) get fixed by that, though you may be stuck. In that case just hit end turn and let the others finish the level. Have you tried zapping him?

Also, I've got a bug of my own to report. Night of the phantom Longbows.

So I'm doing quest 2 with my Rogue, and my allies are a pair of Mechies. Early on, one of them drops a Longbow for me (not sure where he got it, but yay!) Shortly thereafter, an enemy drops a potion. I grab it, and it reappears next turn - also, the potion in my inventory has turned into another Longbow. Also, I noticed that the longbow that I was equipping remained in my inventory, but kept getting de-equipped every turn. I picked up the potion again, and it also turned into a longbow next turn. The potion reappeared again, but I moved on, as it was obviously bugged.

My allies were also appearing to have items turn into longbows, as they dropped two more over the course of the quest. I had eight or nine Longbows by the time we finished quest 2.

So in camp I sold all but one of them and bought some nice defensive gear with the money. But the game had another surprise in store: When quest 3 started, I lost the one longbow I had kept (leaving me with no weapon) and I lost a bunch of gold, putting me into the negatives. So I wound up with an invincible, impotent rogue. :P At least my special abilities were still able to hurt enemies, so I re-synched one of my turns until an enemy dropped a weapon that I could use (Now I'm a rogue with a sword! I figured that since the game took my only weapon, it was fair to cheat to get a replacement one.)
Haha WOW! That is a lot of problems all in one level. Shoot me a PM if you want me to take a look at your character I can get you back to a normal gold level.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:33 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

A friend of mine just found a secret something in our game.
FREAKING AMAZING.

It's like I've been thrown back like 20 years ago, getting the very same vibes from old D&D sessions.

Later in the game things really picks up along with the difficulty.
I LOVE IT.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Haha WOW! That is a lot of problems all in one level. Shoot me a PM if you want me to take a look at your character I can get you back to a normal gold level.
It's all good, I've found some additional gold and I'm all the way back up to -2 gp, and the equipment I bought when my gold was artificially high has likely made this my most powerful character (defensively, at least).

That said, I'll still send you a PM in case the server records for the game can help you track down the bug.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:35 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
The other messaging you'll want to fix is messages related to abilities. For Camouflage (rogue), the turn after it says something like 'Rogue takes 5 damage from evasion'. It should be something like 'Rogue's evasion lowers by 5', as 'Damage' implies actual HP damage, not damage to abilities.

The other odd ability I noticed was the 'Horn' ability (for the Mechie). I think it just damages me, which doesn't seem particularly helpful.
Yup, ability messages are on the list. The Horn ability has a screwed up message but it actually finds all the enemies that are nearby and sets you as their target. It's there to draw in attacks.