Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-16-2012, 01:53 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
You are an Asimov fan? Ok we are best friends now You should invite me to play this with you.
I will mate ! I've read a lot of Asimov, and a lot of Asimov is a lot with him being so prolific. Adding now mate ;-)
Old 07-16-2012, 02:16 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred447uk View Post
Sorry to be off-topic but can you pm me where you play D&D ? I had no idea this went on in forums ! I would certainly love to be in on that !
I too am curious about this as well....i've looked into D&D on their website and it looks complicated,is playing on a forum the same to where you need a lot of stuff?

I now have 2 of 4 games that have made it to quest 2,and my other 2 games havent moved for a couple days now.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:27 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitrjw27 View Post
I too am curious about this as well....i've looked into D&D on their website and it looks complicated,is playing on a forum the same to where you need a lot of stuff?

I now have 2 of 4 games that have made it to quest 2,and my other 2 games havent moved for a couple days now.
You mainly need access to at least some of the books and/or the D&D insider subscription (which gets youa ccess to the character builder and compendium). That's all you really need to have. Maps are done in a variety of ways depending on who the DM is, a lot of them are starting to use google docs spreadsheets now. Not as pretty, but makes it so players can edit it themselves to account for their actions on their turn. The main thing that's different from playing irl games is how initiative works, it's modified a bit to work better for the PbP setting.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:34 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanderLegion View Post
You mainly need access to at least some of the books and/or the D&D insider subscription (which gets youa ccess to the character builder and compendium). That's all you really need to have. Maps are done in a variety of ways depending on who the DM is, a lot of them are starting to use google docs spreadsheets now. Not as pretty, but makes it so players can edit it themselves to account for their actions on their turn. The main thing that's different from playing irl games is how initiative works, it's modified a bit to work better for the PbP setting.
Would you PM me a list of books that may be a good idea to look into? I can check out the D&D insider tools as well.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:28 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by x999x View Post
Naturally conditionals need to be considered. If a group is knee-deep in a game you'd obviously have to bump that new member's stats and skill points to the average level of the group's. Give them points to spend on skills and up their level to an average. Don't make them take over a character already in play. Allow the drop-in to select a class thats available, and force a selection if a critical class is absent, a tank or healer. This is the nature of a pickup game, and the challenge. If you're a purist, disable the option to join pickup games, don't discount it entirely for the other half of the game's community who want it.

Furthermore, thousands of players is still a large pool to pluck players from if they have a flag set to join pickup groups.
We are absolutely working on something similar to this.

In the short-term we are going to implement random invites for people who don't know about the TA forums or who just don't have anyone to play with. However, as has been noted here, it's not a great solution to the real problem which is, in my opinion, being able to build and manage a great party.

After the random games update is released we're going to work on a new system that will really help with the player discovery issues and facilitate a form of drop-in/drop-out functionality.

We've learned so much over the last week just by watching how people are coming together to form parties, and the kind of information they want to share to make that happen. We definitely want to bring all of that party making into the game so that everyone can benefit from it.

I know the launch has been a rough experience for some of our players but because of the great feedback we're getting I think we'll be able to fix a lot of the issues that people are running into over the next few weeks.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:30 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.ihls View Post
Hmm, currently I'm on quest no. 5 (hi comassio, I think we fight together - my nick is Alrik/poppajoe). But now the game keeps crashing on me - no chance to proceed, seems the whole party has to stop ... did someone have the same problem??
I just sent you a PM so we can try to figure out the problem you're having.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:35 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
I tried this too several times and always got the same results, but I didn't tried all objects too. I'll double check next when I'll finish Quest 6 (now I sold everything :P).
It's a pretty important thing tough...so I hope the dev will double check it too.
Are the values greatly different?
Maybe (I had other RPGs that this this) magical objects gives you enhancements with values based on percentages or the actual situation (like HP).
Or it's just a bug.

Where are you?
They don't vary a LOT. For crit, it's between around 2 and 8, and for accuracy, it varies between around 88 and 98.

Do you mean what quest/level am I at in the game? I've got a number of games going, but my highest is level 4/quest 3 I think.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:27 PM

Hi I just got this game and I would like to start out with some people. I'm always ready to play (unless i'm sleep ) and I gonna start out as a Rogue class. My GC is shdwstar2417 so add me plz !
Old 07-16-2012, 05:07 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I have started several games and after the first move to the wolf, I cannot normally go further. In on my comrade already got to tavern, but I cannot move. I have got to one point ,having killed a wolf, then told to kill a bandit, game freezes, no more moves. Help please.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:31 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Originally Posted by c.ihls
Hmm, currently I'm on quest no. 5 (hi comassio, I think we fight together - my nick is Alrik/poppajoe). But now the game keeps crashing on me - no chance to proceed, seems the whole party has to stop ... did someone have the same problem??

We are on quest 8 and have ran into this problem twice now randomly. What you need to do is hit menu and resync then hit end turn. This should let you get past the problem. You have to be real quick to do it though hope this helps.

Last edited by Tomwin; 07-16-2012 at 06:34 PM..