★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Was: Nr 3 in Action, Nr 5 in Arcade, Nr 10 in All Games, Nr 11 in Top Overall.

What review sites say:

"In the end, the game is pretty fun; it is definitely the most explosive iPhone game I have ever played."

"If It Isnt You, Destroy It! If youre like me and you like this genre, youll like Assault Commando." AppCraver.com

"Assault Commando offers users a fantastic 3D shooter game that takes place in the South American jungle, providing smooth controls and an intuitive platform that makes this game a joy to play." TheiPhoneAppReview.com

"Non-stop action, excellent sound effects, missile launchers, machine guns, Rambo style battles, and epic explosions await you in Assault Commando." SlapApp.com

Other reviews: 148apps.com, AppSpy.com, ProductReviews.net, The Game Trail, AppBlog.it, TouchGen.net, FunTouch.net, OrangeIphone.ru

What players say:
"Awesome game... Good price easy controls... Lots to blow up!"

"One of the finest shooters in the AppStore! I can definitely see myself coming back to it over and over. Great game!"

"I have never played this type of game before. So, I had no idea what it was about, but the screenshots and description enticed me to purchase it. And i dont regret it at all For one dollar, it is one of the best games on the appstore."

"It's lots of fun, with terrific graphics and great action. I love being able to blast buildings and vehicles in addition to moving targets."

And it goes on and on and on.... :-)

A classic arcade style 3D shooter game, set in the south American jungle.

Based on the old Commodore64/Amiga game "Rambo" and "Commando".

You have to help Jack Gunfire, a cynic war hero to stop Albrecht Braun from taking over the world.

- Game Center
- Stunning 3D graphics
- Mountable vehicles
- Weapons, weapons, weapons
- Hundreds of enemies to shoot
- High quality soundtrack
- 3 difficulty levels

Trailer: http://iphoneapptrailers.com/view?id=2

Next update: Changing the character animations to high quality graphics to fit the high resolutions of the new iDevices.
07-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Strange one this one, i'm positive i bought this a year ago yet my version now seems to be the 'lite' one plus it now has adverts ? Hmmm anyway i bought the new updated version (which i wouldnt normally do).

I must admit i'm a sucker for these old skool Commando/Ikari/Mercs type games, its not too bad, a lot of levels, quite tricky as the bullets move pretty fast.

This was one of the first games i bought on my ipod over a year ago, been quite a few run n gun games since which are better. But i love the 'old skool' feel to this one, $1.99 seems a bit high but for an indie dev i dont feel too guilty about buying this.

Always wished they had done a proper sequel though.

07-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Glad I didn't update the original version. Really unhappy that the current update essentially says "sorry we couldn't add GameCenter so instead we added ads. Please spend another $1.99 if you want GameCenter"

Gonna have to pass on this one and maybe just delete it so I don't have a constant update reminder. Similar to Whale Trail
07-11-2012, 07:28 PM
I had the previous paid version, as well. Now, I have ads, instead. I'm a little pissed off.
07-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Doctorossi View Post
I had the previous paid version, as well. Now, I have ads, instead. I'm a little pissed off.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
07-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Doctorossi View Post
same here...
07-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Unethical Developers

This is becoming all too common!

Last edited by Sigil; 07-12-2012 at 02:11 PM.
07-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Hey guys!

I am the developer and publisher of this game. I would like to clarify a few things, so maybe you will understand, what happened.

I am absolutely aware of the situation and I understand why you are eventually pissed and I am really sorry.

We are a very VERY small team and we try to develop good games.
Even if the Appstore is a demotivating place and the users are also not helpful, when they help Lockscreen apps getting to Nr 1 and scammers becoming millionairs while games like Assault Commando get ignored all the way, we still try to make good apps and want to update them frequently.

Assault Commando is over a year old (as far as I can remember) and it was made by Unity and for 3.x iOS.

When we tried to bugfix the game and adding GameCenter as promised a long time ago, we had to realise, that we had all kind of problems with Unity and iOS.

The game was made with an old Unity version which doesn't support GameCenter, the new Unity was incompatible with the game. Yes, really!

When we finally worked it out and updated the code to a newer Unity version, which could handle GameCenter, Apple told us, that we can't update the game, because it was released to 3.x originally and we are not allowed to update it with features, which are available only for 4.x.

So we had to decide, if we want to skip GameCenter at all, or we delete the game and rerelase it.

Finally we agreed on a middle solution, which you see now.
The old version became a "Lite" and the new version was released with GameCenter.

We want to develop the PRO version further with new levels, new weapons new graphics etc., but we couldn't do it with the old version.

Being a small dev team trying to survive we have spent about $20.000 to develop the game back then and another few thousands for this update.

The game generated about $15.000 since release. Nobody has to be a rocket scientist to see, that we made negative on it.

The game was downloaded by 600.000 people in different promotion events when the game was free and only 10.000 users actually paid for it.

Comparing it to the 200 million potential iPhone users, we decided that 10 thousand is almost ZERO, so we have to live with 10.000 pissed users, but we have to develop the game further and we have to have a BUSINESS in mind.

No matter what you all think, developing Apps is a business and no welfare. We try to be honest and trying to keep the interest of the community in mind, but as I said, when we see, that people spend millions on scam apps while really good games are ignored, then it is easier for us to make such decisions as well.

If you bought the game previously and now you are pissed, we can offer you a promo code for the new version (as long as they last) or we can refund your old purchase by PayPal if you send us the receipt of your purchase of the old AND the NEW PRO version to "office@3dmagicbox.com"

I hope you now understand our situation.
I am happy to answer ANY question in this topic, if you have one.

Last edited by Therealtrebitsch; 07-12-2012 at 02:03 PM.
07-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Hi, Therealtrebitsch,

Thank you for your forthright (though a little late) explanation. I'm not impressed by any of the rationalization you offer, but I appreciate your making a statement and indicating your availability to answer questions. I also appreciate your offer of a promo code for the new version as recompense and would like to request one.

Good luck with future development.
07-12-2012, 04:02 PM
I found this topic a few hours ago, that's why the late reply.
I sent you a PM.

You know, if you have issues with an app, you ALWAYS can contact the developers by email directly from itunes!

It is way more appreciated by developers, than trashtalking on a forum