★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Spectromancer (granddaddy of Kard Combat)

07-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Spectromancer (granddaddy of Kard Combat)

Spectromancer card game announced in April 2012 they were developing an iOS version. The iphone beta was released beginning of May 2012 and ipad beta released June 2012. Estimated date to release on iOS is July 2012 so I'm guessing late July or early August.
http://spectromancer.com/forum.cgi#pageid=2718
thread for those wishing to join beta for iOS probably too late now though
http://spectromancer.com/forum.cgi#pageid=2569

I loved Kard Combat thread but graphics kinda blew though and the hardcore fans wanted a tad bit better balance and always complained why not just stick to the original Spectromancer.

Here is a listing of all cards in the Spectromancer game
Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Death, Holy, Mechanical, Illusion, Control, Chaos, Demonic, Sorcery, Beast, Beast Abilities, Goblins, Forest, Time, and Other Cards
http://spectromancer.com/cardlist_en.htm

I think Nightfall is way too hard, Magic it is what it is, Summoner Wars still trying to learn, Food Fight got old quickly. Looking forward to Spectromancer think it'll be my favorite card game on iOS.

Here is a screenshot of PC version I'd imagine they'll spruce of the looks for the iOS version.
http://www.spectromancer.com/img/screens/combat.jpg

About Spectromancer (pasted from About page) spectromancer.com
Quote:
In Spectromancer, an online fantasy card game, players participate in a magical duel against other mages by strategically summoning creatures and casting spells. Each mage uses five magical elements during a duel - Fire, Water, Air and Earth, plus a fifth related to the specific mage type. There are six mage types in the game: Clerics use Holy power; Mechanicians use Mechanics; Necromancers use Death; Chaosmasters use Chaos; Dominators uses Control and Illusionists use Illusions. Players are able to duel against the computer or against other online players live.

The team behind Spectromancer are Alexey Stankevich, creator of Astral Tournament and Astral Masters, along with game design luminaries Richard Garfield (Magic: The Gathering, Vampire: The Eternal Struggle, Star Wars Trading Card Game, RoboRally) and Skaff Elias (Magic: The Gathering Ice Age, Harry Potter Trading Card Game).

The popular Astral Tournament, a turn-based online strategy card game, released by Alexey Stankevich's Apus Software in 2002, was embraced by players worldwide and received favorable reviews at game sites and game magazines. In April of 2006, Astral Tournament II went into preproduction and in June, Richard Garfield and Skaff Elias from Three Donkeys joined the project and the expanded game has evolved into Spectromancer.

Last edited by mrbass; 07-11-2012 at 12:30 PM.
07-11-2012, 05:44 PM
This looks and sounds very promising. There is always room for another quality card game or board game on my iPad.

Current Favorites: Lords of Waterdeep, Ascension, Cafe International, Lost Cities, and Agricola.

GameCenter ID: cprloe

07-13-2012, 02:55 AM
Thanks to tip for BGG iOS news this was released July 7th, 2012 as Spectromancer HD for iPad for $3.99 only in Russian app store though.

I grabbed some screenshots. Sorry the quality blows.

07-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Do you know what the original looks like? I had the PC version and the cards were horribly low resolution and fuzzy.
07-13-2012, 06:04 AM
Wow, I really hope that it's released worldwide. I loved Kard kombat and it would be great to finally have access to all the cards.

All times favorites : Infinity Blade 3, King of Dragon Pass, anything Simogo or Tin Man
GameCenter: Corroyeur
07-13-2012, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical knave View Post
Do you know what the original looks like? I had the PC version and the cards were horribly low resolution and fuzzy.
Well it looks really clear to me. I used the free AppZap HD app on ipad and in settings changed country appstore to Russia then searched for 'spectromancer' and you can see the screenshots but not blown up which I guess I shouldn't have done. I tried to do in Appshopper but it didn't work.

Yea my only pet peeve with Kard Combat was wish you could drag cards to play to make it quicker and I really really prefer landscape mode for ipad games.

Last edited by mrbass; 07-13-2012 at 06:28 AM.
07-13-2012, 08:53 PM
I looked again at the PC version. It is not as bad as I remembered it, but no widescreen and max resolution 1024 x 768. It looks ok in windowed mode but full screen is a bit blurry, particularly on my 46 inch monitor - it would probably look fine on an iPad ... Hopefully they being out a retina version for iPad 3.
07-30-2012, 09:30 PM
This still coming out?
08-08-2012, 01:47 AM
Is being submitted today to U.S. appstore. So what's the wait time nowadays 7 to 13 days....so yeah sometime this month should see it. Can't wait.
08-08-2012, 02:42 AM
Great news, can't wait to have my hands on it.

All times favorites : Infinity Blade 3, King of Dragon Pass, anything Simogo or Tin Man
GameCenter: Corroyeur