Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-12-2012, 04:36 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

spectral souls on psp got a very long load time which is a letdown... this version suffers from that or not?
Old 07-12-2012, 04:46 AM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

The trailer of Spectral Souls iOS is online

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 07-12-2012, 05:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

It was a rather average and old game on the psp with horrible load times but it should easily trump most of the other similar offerings on the appstore! I am really glad that the game is universal.

EDIT: erm..is it me or are the screenshots in the appstore shown for the ipad version actually stretched without keeping the aspect ratio?

Last edited by violentv; 07-12-2012 at 05:16 AM..
Old 07-12-2012, 05:42 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_envoys View Post
spectral souls on psp got a very long load time which is a letdown... this version suffers from that or not?
I'm still pretty early into the game, but I'm playing it on a iPad3, and considering it's processor is 1Ghz compared to a 333Mhz PSP, I haven't noticed any load times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
erm..is it me or are the screenshots in the appstore shown for the ipad version actually stretched without keeping the aspect ratio?
Graphics don't appear stretched to me. In fact, despite slight blurring on the character sprites and the text, the 3D landscapes look suitable high-res.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Ughh, I have to spend more money this week! I saw this when I had an Android, and wanted to pick it up, but back then, wasn't willing to pay much for mobile games. That all has changed now, and I'm glad this finally got ported over to iOS. If any of you dig this and you have a PS3, you should check out Rainbow Moon. It just released the other day on PSN. I copped it, it seems pretty good, though I must admit, I'm not a real SRPG player to really know a good one...
Old 07-12-2012, 06:22 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Wow. The graphics look way better than Final Fantasy Tactics! Is it polished enough and full of enough story to pick it up even if I'm still playing through FFT? I enjoy FFT, but wish I could move my character outside of battles and freely explore a little. Is there any of that in SS?
Old 07-12-2012, 06:43 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Presentation is good, but controls are horrible!
Very not intuitive for this platform. Not worth the special price of 11 bucks for me.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:48 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janders View Post
Ughh, I have to spend more money this week! I saw this when I had an Android, and wanted to pick it up, but back then, wasn't willing to pay much for mobile games. That all has changed now, and I'm glad this finally got ported over to iOS. If any of you dig this and you have a PS3, you should check out Rainbow Moon. It just released the other day on PSN. I copped it, it seems pretty good, though I must admit, I'm not a real SRPG player to really know a good one...
Valkyria chronicles is the only SRPG anyone should play on the PS3! In terms of production values, story,emotional attachment to the characters, expansiveness of the world/lore and gameplay.. it is miles ahead of anything else. Just looked up Rainbow Moon and I must say it looks rather interesting! Seems rather light on the characters, world development and story though(from what I can see of the IGN review).

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
Wow. The graphics look way better than Final Fantasy Tactics! Is it polished enough and full of enough story to pick it up even if I'm still playing through FFT? I enjoy FFT, but wish I could move my character outside of battles and freely explore a little. Is there any of that in SS?
Only just made space to download Spectral Souls on my ipad...will probably try it out later today. I never finished the game on the psp but the story is alright... not as good as FFT. I liked how the game explores the situation from the viewpoint of different factions. There isn't much freedom for navigation: You progress through events at selected areas on the world map.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:51 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janders View Post
Valkiria Crhonicles is what any ps3 owner need to play. There is nothing better on the platform and on any platform in the last years. A least not outside of Japan.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:20 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I thoroughly enjoyed this game on my PSP but only after turning off all attack animations as the slowdown was ridiculous. Excited to try this tonight as it seems the technical issues have been resolved.

Question: Is there any plans for iCloud integration? I would love to play this on both devices but if not, I'm gonna have to pick one.