App description: "Spectral Souls" the awaited full size Japanese Tactical RPG is available now for your iDevice !!!

Enjoy the first 3 battles for free, and then decide if you like the game. You then can unlock the full game with the ONLY in app purchase.

gameplay video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOQuo4qMdvQ

"Spectral Souls - Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires" (English Version), a Full Size Tactical RPG for iOS platform is now available for your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
* A full scale Japanese Tactical RPG for iOS.
* 52 outstanding soundtracks.
* 84 characters.
* High resolution graphic assets.
* 100's of hours of gameplay packed in 1GB data.
* Cut-Scene videos.
* AirPlay compatible at 60, 30, 20, or 15 fps (user selectable)
* iCade support
* MFi support

Simply "a must have" for all fans of "Spectral Souls universe" and for all fans of Tactical RPGs in general.

STORY :
Neverland is a world apart from our own, home to strange and dangerous creatures. Two of these creatures, humans and demons, have been struggling against each other for many years. As the centuries passed, control shifted from demons to humans and back again. The humans finally earned a clear victory after the First Neverland War. But this left the country in ruins and was the direct cause of the Second Neverland War, which saw the decisive victory of the demons once again.
Magic Age 1053?
Tragedy strikes the small woodland village of Petun?the town is attacked and burned to the ground by vicious Neverland troops. But Petun is only the first of many massacres; the Demon Army tears through every human village it can find, slaughtering the people as it goes. Humiliated and infuriated by these abuses, the humans begin to resist and fight back.
It starts as a rash of disorganized, sporadic riots. But it soon grows into something more, something meaningful. These uprisings become a beacon of hope to all humans, spurring them on to unite and form a new empire. They choose a name to reflect their most noble traditions, to reflect a time when they ruled over the demon horde. They call it the Reformed Simba Empire.
Petun?little more than a bump in the road, a mark on a map. But this is where it all started, where the undercurrent of disdain and hatred overflowed into a bloody torrent of death and destruction, drowning Neverland in war for years to come.
This is where our story begins?the story of the Seven Year War.
(c) 2012 IDEA FACTORY, developed for iOS, licensed and published by HYPERDEVBOX Japan.

HyperDevbox's comments:
Hi everyone!
The full scale tactical RPG Spectral Souls is now available on the App Store!

Description
***** SPECIAL 25% OFF ($13.99 -> $10.99) LAUNCH PROMOTIONAL PRICE Until July 19 2012. *****

Enjoy the first 3 battles for free, and then decide if you like the game. You then can unlock the full game with the ONLY in app purchase.

"Spectral Souls - Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires" (English Version), a Full Size Tactical RPG for iOS platform is now available for your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.

Features
* A full scale Japanese Tactical RPG for iOS.
* 52 outstanding soundtracks.
* 84 characters.
* High resolution graphic assets.
* 100's of hours of gameplay packed in 1GB data.
* Cut-Scene videos.
* AirPlay compatible at 60, 30, 20, or 15 fps (user selectable)

Simply "a must have" for all fans of "Spectral Souls universe" and for all fans of Tactical RPGs in general.

Story
Neverland is a world apart from our own, home to strange and dangerous creatures. Two of these creatures, humans and demons, have been struggling against each other for many years. As the centuries passed, control shifted from demons to humans and back again. The humans finally earned a clear victory after the First Neverland War. But this left the country in ruins and was the direct cause of the Second Neverland War, which saw the decisive victory of the demons once again.
Magic Age 1053?
Tragedy strikes the small woodland village of Petun?the town is attacked and burned to the ground by vicious Neverland troops. But Petun is only the first of many massacres; the Demon Army tears through every human village it can find, slaughtering the people as it goes. Humiliated and infuriated by these abuses, the humans begin to resist and fight back.
It starts as a rash of disorganized, sporadic riots. But it soon grows into something more, something meaningful. These uprisings become a beacon of hope to all humans, spurring them on to unite and form a new empire. They choose a name to reflect their most noble traditions, to reflect a time when they ruled over the demon horde. They call it the Reformed Simba Empire.
Petun?little more than a bump in the road, a mark on a map. But this is where it all started, where the undercurrent of disdain and hatred overflowed into a bloody torrent of death and destruction, drowning Neverland in war for years to come.
This is where our story begins?the story of the Seven Year War.
07-12-2012, 07:44 AM
damn this came outta nowhere! And damn... what an expensive day... hope it's worth it. =oP

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass
07-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
It was a rather average and old game on the psp with horrible load times but it should easily trump most of the other similar offerings on the appstore! I am really glad that the game is universal.

EDIT: erm..is it me or are the screenshots in the appstore shown for the ipad version actually stretched without keeping the aspect ratio?
Funny: people said the same thing when Crimson Gem Saga was ported to iOS, and yet the game remains one of the most popular RPGs on PSN (only very recently did it get discounted).

I never played the original Spectral Souls, but as someone who kind of despised Disgaea, from what I've seen so far this would rank up there as one of the better SRPGs on the PSP (with FFT and Jean D'Arc at the very top). It helps that the iOS version has no load times to speak of (on my 4S).

BTW, HyperDevBox released one of the best action titles of the early App Store days, ExZeus, which still holds up well to this day. When this came out for Android I sent them an email to ask about an iOS port. They said that there were no plans for one -- must have changed their minds!

Last edited by squarezero; 07-12-2012 at 08:03 AM.

07-12-2012, 08:30 AM
The story , Gameplay, Items and Weapons, Battles, Characters and lore, Art, Music......it's all good when it comes to this SRPG...I beat it (painfully) on the Psp years back and now am in the process of polishing off the newest rendition of this game called Blazing Soul - Accelate? If you have any doubts and are a serious STRAT RPG/TACTICS fan .....grab this it shall soon be known as the best on ios for the genre...

Btw the combo system during battle is damn addictive!

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
07-12-2012, 08:37 AM
The game should not suffer from load times like the PSP. This game is loading off of what was installed on your device. The PSP was loading off of a disc. The game was amazing for Android, I expect no less for iOS from this "Android Exclusive".
07-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Funny: people said the same thing when Crimson Gem Saga was ported to iOS, and yet the game remains one of the most popular RPGs on PSN (only very recently did it get discounted).

I never played the original Spectral Souls, but as someone who kind of despised Disgaea, from what I've seen so far this would rank up there as one of the better SRPGs on the PSP (with FFT and Jean D'Arc at the very top). It helps that the iOS version has no load times to speak of (on my 4S).

BTW, HyperDevBox released one of the best action titles of the early App Store days, ExZeus, which still holds up well to this day. When this came out for Android I sent them an email to ask about an iOS port. They said that there were no plans for one -- must have changed their minds!
I am a little curious about where you are getting your PSN # statistics from ( I am genuinely curious). Found some statistics here about PSP sales http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/6/p...tion-portable/ CGS ranks in at #631 here. I really don't think spectral souls is up there with the other popular SRPGs on the PSP..which besides the games you mentioned also includes Gungnir, Tactics Ogre , Knights in Nightmare, Valkryia Chronicles 2, Yggdra Union...just to name a few.
07-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
I am a little curious about where you are getting your PSN # statistics from ( I am genuinely curious). Found some statistics here about PSP sales http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/6/p...tion-portable/ CGS ranks in at #631 here. I really don't think spectral souls is up there with the other popular SRPGs on the PSP..which besides the games you mentioned also includes Gungnir, Tactics Ogre , Knights in Nightmare, Valkryia Chronicles 2, Yggdra Union...just to name a few.
Your right may not be up there in sales ...that you're correct BUT it is definitely better than its brother/sister titles from Idea Factory which are Adeis Eclipse and Generation of Chaos ...which both have a Quality story and characters and rpg element But the RTS turn based fights ruined the game for me....not to say it was bad...(had very cool cinematic power moves) but when you play a game that could quite possibly take 100 hours away from your precious time , it's important for me to actually love the gameplay battles. All of those titles you mentioned Are definitely classic Psp gems....Gungir which just got localized is soooo great...I can only wish for even half the Psp titles to be ported to iOS ....for that to complete my Geek handheld paradise ! Lol

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
07-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Forgot about Tactics Ogre -- that one would be on my top 3, too. As the popularity of CGS, when a game remains at $30.00+ for a couple of years, one must assume that it was selling okay. As I mentioned, it did go on sale recently. (vgchartz numbers are notoriously inaccurate, BTW.)

Haven't played Gungnir; Valkaria Chronicles didn't grab me (I though the strategy and action components were not well integrated, but that's one man's opinion). Knights in Nightmare got very mediocre reviews. We'll see whether this one holds up, but so far I really enjoying it.
07-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Knights in Nightmare was far better received on the DS, probably due to it being originally created for combined touch and button control.

Speaking of the DS, we need to see more SRPG's ported from that library: Disgaea, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, Fire Emblem, FFT:Grimoire of the Rift, Valkyrie Profile, Front Mission

Anyways, even with the d-pad controls, Spectral Souls is definitely one of the best SPRG's on iOS.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
07-12-2012, 10:42 AM
So that's what it was from. I couldn't remember right away where I heard about this title. Definitely not on Android.
07-12-2012, 10:45 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/928828-s...hereal/reviews

Good reviews for the PSP, guess I missed out on the PSP version. Will try this out on my iPhone.

Last edited by justln; 07-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.