Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-12-2012, 07:44 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

damn this came outta nowhere! And damn... what an expensive day... hope it's worth it. =oP
Old 07-12-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
It was a rather average and old game on the psp with horrible load times but it should easily trump most of the other similar offerings on the appstore! I am really glad that the game is universal.

EDIT: erm..is it me or are the screenshots in the appstore shown for the ipad version actually stretched without keeping the aspect ratio?
Funny: people said the same thing when Crimson Gem Saga was ported to iOS, and yet the game remains one of the most popular RPGs on PSN (only very recently did it get discounted).

I never played the original Spectral Souls, but as someone who kind of despised Disgaea, from what I've seen so far this would rank up there as one of the better SRPGs on the PSP (with FFT and Jean D'Arc at the very top). It helps that the iOS version has no load times to speak of (on my 4S).

BTW, HyperDevBox released one of the best action titles of the early App Store days, ExZeus, which still holds up well to this day. When this came out for Android I sent them an email to ask about an iOS port. They said that there were no plans for one -- must have changed their minds!

Last edited by squarezero; 07-12-2012 at 08:03 AM..
Old 07-12-2012, 08:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

The story , Gameplay, Items and Weapons, Battles, Characters and lore, Art, Music......it's all good when it comes to this SRPG...I beat it (painfully) on the Psp years back and now am in the process of polishing off the newest rendition of this game called Blazing Soul - Accelate? If you have any doubts and are a serious STRAT RPG/TACTICS fan .....grab this it shall soon be known as the best on ios for the genre...

Btw the combo system during battle is damn addictive!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:37 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

The game should not suffer from load times like the PSP. This game is loading off of what was installed on your device. The PSP was loading off of a disc. The game was amazing for Android, I expect no less for iOS from this "Android Exclusive".
Old 07-12-2012, 08:46 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Funny: people said the same thing when Crimson Gem Saga was ported to iOS, and yet the game remains one of the most popular RPGs on PSN (only very recently did it get discounted).

I never played the original Spectral Souls, but as someone who kind of despised Disgaea, from what I've seen so far this would rank up there as one of the better SRPGs on the PSP (with FFT and Jean D'Arc at the very top). It helps that the iOS version has no load times to speak of (on my 4S).

BTW, HyperDevBox released one of the best action titles of the early App Store days, ExZeus, which still holds up well to this day. When this came out for Android I sent them an email to ask about an iOS port. They said that there were no plans for one -- must have changed their minds!
I am a little curious about where you are getting your PSN # statistics from ( I am genuinely curious). Found some statistics here about PSP sales http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/6/p...tion-portable/ CGS ranks in at #631 here. I really don't think spectral souls is up there with the other popular SRPGs on the PSP..which besides the games you mentioned also includes Gungnir, Tactics Ogre , Knights in Nightmare, Valkryia Chronicles 2, Yggdra Union...just to name a few.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:10 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I am a little curious about where you are getting your PSN # statistics from ( I am genuinely curious). Found some statistics here about PSP sales http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/6/p...tion-portable/ CGS ranks in at #631 here. I really don't think spectral souls is up there with the other popular SRPGs on the PSP..which besides the games you mentioned also includes Gungnir, Tactics Ogre , Knights in Nightmare, Valkryia Chronicles 2, Yggdra Union...just to name a few.
Your right may not be up there in sales ...that you're correct BUT it is definitely better than its brother/sister titles from Idea Factory which are Adeis Eclipse and Generation of Chaos ...which both have a Quality story and characters and rpg element But the RTS turn based fights ruined the game for me....not to say it was bad...(had very cool cinematic power moves) but when you play a game that could quite possibly take 100 hours away from your precious time , it's important for me to actually love the gameplay battles. All of those titles you mentioned Are definitely classic Psp gems....Gungir which just got localized is soooo great...I can only wish for even half the Psp titles to be ported to iOS ....for that to complete my Geek handheld paradise ! Lol
Old 07-12-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Forgot about Tactics Ogre -- that one would be on my top 3, too. As the popularity of CGS, when a game remains at $30.00+ for a couple of years, one must assume that it was selling okay. As I mentioned, it did go on sale recently. (vgchartz numbers are notoriously inaccurate, BTW.)

Haven't played Gungnir; Valkaria Chronicles didn't grab me (I though the strategy and action components were not well integrated, but that's one man's opinion). Knights in Nightmare got very mediocre reviews. We'll see whether this one holds up, but so far I really enjoying it.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:01 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Knights in Nightmare was far better received on the DS, probably due to it being originally created for combined touch and button control.

Speaking of the DS, we need to see more SRPG's ported from that library: Disgaea, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, Fire Emblem, FFT:Grimoire of the Rift, Valkyrie Profile, Front Mission

Anyways, even with the d-pad controls, Spectral Souls is definitely one of the best SPRG's on iOS.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:42 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 4.x

So that's what it was from. I couldn't remember right away where I heard about this title. Definitely not on Android.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:45 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/928828-s...hereal/reviews

Good reviews for the PSP, guess I missed out on the PSP version. Will try this out on my iPhone.

Last edited by justln; 07-12-2012 at 10:49 AM..